Mmmmm! Do you guys eat grits at home with your dinners? I love a cheesy grit.
A cheesy grit with my bacon and eggs? Yes!
A cheesy grit with an easy stove top beef recipe? Yes!
I have been making grits as a side for many, many years which is great because they’re an easy side PLUS a naturally gluten-free side too. If you just are not a grit person, no worries. You can serve this over rice, pasta or just by itself too. Happy eating! xxPrint
This easy weeknight supper will be on the table in no time flat!
- 1 pound of stew meat (found right there by the ground beef, already chopped into bite-sized pieces)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 (8 oz) can of tomato sauce
- 1 (14 oz) can of diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- about 3 cups of cooked and ready to eat grits (use instant of old fashioned, whichever you have and prepare per box directions)
- 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley to garnish
- In a pot over medium-high heat, brown up your stew meat in a drizzle of EVOO. Add in a liberal pinch of both salt and pepper.
- After your meat has browned, I do like to drain off the pot before adding in my chopped onion. Drain, add in your onion and then an extra pinch of salt and pepper. Allow the onion to saute about five minutes or so before stirring in your chopped bell pepper and garlic.
- All the chopped pepper to get tender (about 2 to 3 minutes) before stirring in your tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and Italian seasoning. Simmer together about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make sure you heat your grits per the package directions. When your grits are hot and ready to serve, stir in your grated Parmesan cheese and a nice big pinch of both salt and pepper. Cover and set aside.
- Now, you’re ready to plate! Serve your beef mixture on top of the cheesy grits with a bit of parsley to garnish.
I always look for products and brands that are certified gluten-free and make substitutions when necessary.