On Tuesday, I did a little “day in the life” on my Stories and part of that was sharing what we had for dinner. We had two pounds of ground beef and some of our favorite fresh g-free pasta from Trader Joe’s, so I quickly whipped up some meatballs for supper. Friends, they’re so simple! I didn’t even make a red sauce! Just a bit of EVOO and some grated Parm and bam, dinner was done (we had roasted broccoli on the side!).
This was the pic I posted on my Stories before I mixed it all together…
…I like to make mine into larger meatballs since I’m baking them instead of cooking them on the skillet…
…and then I drizzle them with olive oil before popping them in the oven so that they’re a little extra crispy and delicious on top.
So, if you’re looking for a super simple ground beef (or turkey!) dinner this week, here you go…Print
We make these yummy meatballs gluten-free by simply substituting the breadcrumbs with g-free ones instead!
- 2 pounds of ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves of garlic grated or finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- a big pinch of both salt and pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with Pam (for easy clean up!). Set aside.
- In your mixing bowl, add in all of your ingredients except for the EVOO.
- Using a wooden spoon (or your hands!) mix all of your ingredients into ping pong sized meatballs and then place them on your prepared baking sheet. Drizzle a bit of EVOO down over the tops of each one.
- Pop your meatballs in the oven to bake about 30 minutes.
- When they’re done, remove them from oven and serve them with your favorite “base” like pasta, ravioli or even rice. We drizzle some more EVOO and grated Parm down over the tops to finish them off along with some chopped basil.