Who isn’t ready for some April in their life?! #goawaymarch2020 #neverreturn
Today, I’m re-sharing a quick and easy little side dish that I love making in spring or summer. My Lemon Parm Pasta is bright, fresh, and delicious by itself or as a side to anything off the grill. Make a big bowl and think of spring 🙂 .Print
I don’t know about your family…but in our house, we like a pasta supper year around. That being said, during the warm months, we swap out our heavy sauces for light ingredients. This yummy dish is sometimes a vegetarian entree (especially on nights when Andrew isn’t home for dinner), and it’s also a great side to grilled summer foods (like chicken, pork, fish and shrimp!).
- 1 pound of pasta (use regular, whole wheat or gluten-free!)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- the zest and juice of 2 lemons (about 2 tablespoons of zest and 1/2 cup or so of juice)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese (plus more for garnish)
- ½ cup chopped parsley (plus more for garnish)
- Salt and Pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to boil over medium-high heat. Drop your pasta and cook to al dente (about 6 minutes or so).
- Drain the water from the pasta and immediately add your other ingredients. Toss in your EVOO, lemon zest, lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, a pinch of salt and pepper and parsley.
- Serve immediately with a little more zest, cheese and parsley to garnish.