Nothing says the beginning of a new year like an EASY supper! Instead of Taco Tuesday, make it Enchilada Tuesday with my Easy Skillet Enchiladas (that just happen to also be g-free!). This one pot dish will be on your table in no time flat!
A quick and easy one pot meal that feeds your fam in no time! Everyone will love this recipe so much that I guarantee it gets on your regular rotation!
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 (10 oz) can of enchilada sauce (we use mild)
- 1 (8 oz) can of tomato sauce
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chiles
- ¼ cup sour cream
- about 6 flour (or gluten-free) tortillas cut into strips
- shredded cheddar cheese to garnish
- chopped green onions to garnish
- chopped cilantro to garnish
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown your ground beef in a drizzle of EVOO until browned and crumbly. After it’s browned, stir in a big pinch of both salt and pepper followed by your chili powder.
- Next, stir in your enchilada sauce, tomato sauce, and green chiles. Allow this to simmer together about 8 minutes or so.
- When you’re just about ready to serve, stir in your sour cream. Finally, add your tortilla strips across the top and garnish with your cheese, green onions and/or cilantro.
Easy as that! I make sure this is gluten-free, use a g-free tortilla in place of flour.