Okay friends, this recipe is crazy easy.
It was cold the other day, and I got all panicky that our dinner wasn’t “cold weather” enough, so I grabbed a roast really quickly from the store and threw it in the slow cooker.
The result? Amazing.
Seriously, you just brown the roast, pop it in the slow cooker, add a few things and bam! Dinner is done when you get home. Bonus, your house will smell delicious too!Print
The easiest ever slow cooker roast for your cold nights!
- 1 (3 to 4 pound rump roast)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (18 oz) cans French Onion Soup (I like Progresso’s)
- about 1½ cups of beef stock
- In a big pot over medium-high heat, add in a big drizzle of EVOO and brown up both sides of your roast. Sprinkle a liberal amount of both salt and pepper on each side as you brown (no more than 4 minutes per side). Once both sides are browned, add the roast to your slow cooker.
- Next, add in your garlic powder, chopped onion, soups, and your beef stock. Cover and cook on HIGH 8 to 10 hours.
- When you’re ready to eat, remove the roast from the slow cooker and allow it to rest 5 to 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Discard the onions and stock in the slow cooker.
Easy as that!