Ohhhh! I hadn’t made this recipe is YEARS, but decided to make it the other morning because I had some super ripe bananas and wanted to use them up.
This Blender Banana Muffin recipe today uses my favorite g-free flour (Namaste), but for years and years, I used plain old all purpose flour, so totally feel free to sub whichever fits your lifestyle better. I love a basic banana muffin because my kids can jazz them up any old way…add peanut butter, almond butter, jam, Nutella or eat them plain…they’re a blank canvas for you to create a delicious breakfast or snack.
Bonus, you whip up the ingredients in a blender, so they’re really fast!
The simplest little muffin you’ll make time and time again!
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup melted butter
- about 1 cup of mashed bananas (the more ripe the better, about 2 bananas)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour (we use Namaste g-free flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place muffin wrappers in a 12-count muffin tin (or grease well).
- Put your first four ingredients right inside your blender. Blend it up until smooth (not long, less than a minute).
- Next, add your flour, baking soda and salt to a mixing bowl. Slowly pour your banana mixture into this flour mixture and stir until just just combined.
- Divide this batter into your prepared muffin tins.
- Pop in the oven and bake about 18 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool at least five minutes before removing and enjoying. Store your muffins at room temp.
To keep things g-free, we use Namaste gluten-free flour! Eat them plain or top them with Nutella, peanut butter, jam, honey or whatever other delicious topping you love!