We love a shrimp supper over here! My Saucy Shrimp over Rice is a super simple recipe to get on your table for dinner. If rice isn’t your family’s fave, just substitute with whatever grain you love.
Happy eating! xxPrint
A super simple supper your whole family will enjoy!
- 1 pound of shrimp (thawed if frozen; we love Trader Joe’s Red Argentinian Shrimp)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- salt and pepper
- 1 (4 oz) jar of diced pimentos, drained
- 1 (11 oz) jar of your favorite pepper jelly (we love Trader Joe’s!)
- a few chopped green onions to garnish, optional
- Cooked and ready to eat rice (whichever kind you love!)
- Make sure you are using fresh shrimp or that your frozen shrimp has thawed. I like to lightly pat mine with a paper towel to make sure they’re not too wet going into the skillet. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté your red onion until tender in a nice drizzle of EVOO and big pinch of both salt and pepper.
- Once your onion is tender (about 8 minutes or so), stir in your shrimp, pimentos and pepper jelly. Let your shrimp warm up a minute (it really only takes a few minutes), and then remove the skillet from heat and serve your saucy shrimp over your cooked rice. Garnish with a bit of chopped green onion, optional.
A super simple recipe that can easily be doubled too!