Oh friends, I could eat my Grilled Shrimp Buffalo Wedge Salad every single day.
If you love a delicious salad for lunch or an easy (and light!) summer supper, this recipe is for YOU! Take all of your favorite ingredients in a wedge salad, add grilled shrimp and zesty Buffalo sauce and you have, the easiest and tastiest meal.
Trust me. This one makes me so super happy. xxPrint
All the delicious ingredients from a wedge salad with grilled shrimp and zesty Buffalo sauce…the perfect lunch or light supper for your summer. This is basically just assembling! Use as much or as little as you like of each ingredient.
- 2 pounds of cooked and deveined shrimp (I use about two bags of the Red Argentinian Shrimp from Trader Joe’s)
- the zest and juice of two limes, plus I like an extra lime to squeeze on top at the end
- about a 1/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- salt and pepper
- either iceberg or bib lettuce, in bite-sized pieces
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- cherry tomatoes (halve them if they’re too large)
- crispy bacon pieces
- your favorite ranch salad dressing (we love Trader Joe’s)
- your favorite Buffalo sauce (we love Red Hot)
- bleu cheese, crumbled
- First, I like to let my shrimp marinate about 20 minutes beforehand. To make your marinade, add all of these ingredients to a gallon-sized baggie and then refrigerate: shrimp, the zest and juice of your two limes, EVOO and salt and pepper. Seal up baggie and pop in the fridge to marinate.
- After that, preheat your indoor grill pan or outdoor grill to medium-high. If your grates are too large for shrimp (they’ll fall through), then use a grilling basket. Spray your grate or your grilling basket quite liberally with cooking spray so the shrimp won’t stick. Add your shrimp to the grill and cook up just a few minutes on either side (I just toss mine around on the grill). It should only take 3 or 4 minutes.
- After your shrimp is grilled, it’s time to assemble!
- Take your chopped wedge or bib lettuce and add your grilled shrimp along with your favorite toppings like red onion, avocado, cherry tomatoes, crispy bacon and bleu cheese. Add equal parts ranch dressing and Buffalo sauce to finish things off at the end.
*I like to make my bacon in the air fryer or oven. Allow it to get crispy and then crumble before serving. Any crispy bacon bits will work.
To see even more of my yummy Buffalo recipes, make sure you head…
…right HERE! From sandwiches to salads, deviled eggs, appetizers, dips and more, I have so many delicious Buffalo sauce recipes!