My kiddos love our Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies so much that we added some oatmeal and turned them into sandwich cookies for this school year!
Is there any combination more synonymous with back to school than PB&J? I think not!
Whether you tuck one into their lunchboxes or serve them after school, they’re a delicious treat for those back to school blues.Print
Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich Cookies
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: about 9 sandwich cookies 1x
The perfect after school snack! Bonus, you can make it g-free too!
- 1 cup of creamy peanut butter, plus more for the filling
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup of rolled oats (we did not use quick cooking, we did use g-free though)
- your favorite jam (we used homemade strawberry)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet or place parchment paper down. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together your peanut butter, sugar, egg and baking powder with an electric mixer until creamy. Stir in your oatmeal. Once the batter has been combined, shape the dough into walnut-sized balls and place them on your prepared baking sheet (not too close together; we typically get about 18 cookies.)
- Next, take your fork and lightly press down on each cookie in two different directions to lightly flatten them (yes, even with the oatmeal in there, we do this!).
- Once your cookies are flattened, time to pop them in the oven.
- Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before adding your peanut butter and jam in the middle of one and topping with another to make a sandwich.
Because we do not use flour in this recipe and use gf oats, this recipe is gluten-free!
Erika Slaughter says
These look so yummy!
Making these!! Yummy and EASY!!!
Yummy! Do you need to refrigerate these?
Mix and Match Mama says