Mmmmm! My BBQ Cider Sliders are not only delish, they are SO EASY!!!!
This is one of those recipes that you put in the slow cooker and then forget about it the rest of the day. Come suppertime, your yummy chicken sandwiches are ready to go! Just add slaw (so simple!) and your favorite buns (we use a g-free slider size) and dinner is on the table in no time flat.
These yummy sliders are so simple because the slow cooker does all the work! Add in your chicken and by the end of the day, dinner is done.
- 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts (not frozen)
- 1 (18 oz) bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce (we use Sweet Baby Ray’s)
- 1½ cups of apple cider
- about 2 cups of shredded slaw mix (packaged at your store)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- a splash of Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
- a big pinch of salt and pepper
- your favorite mustard (we use a spicy brown)
- your favorite buns (we use gf sliders)
- In your slow cooker, add in your chicken, BBQ sauce and cider. Cover and cook all day on low (6 to 8 hours) or 3 hours on high.
- When you’re getting ready to serve, take the lid off of your slow cooker and shred up the chicken right there in the BBQ cider mixture using two forks. Keep the lid off and let it simmer a minute while you make your slaw.
- To make your slaw, combine your chopped red onion with your slaw mixture. Add in a big pinch of both salt and pepper and a splash of ACV. Toss and taste. You might want to add more vinegar.
- Now you assemble: bun, a bit of mustard, your shredded chicken and slaw on top.
We keep this recipe gluten-free by using gf buns!