I don’t know about your kids, but my kids enjoy any supper served slider sized.
This brisket recipe is easy to whip up on busy weeknights since the slow cooker does most of the work. You pop it in, let it cook all day and then build little sliders when it’s time to eat. We bake our sliders to give them an extra oomph but you certainly could skip that step if you were short on time. Whether you make these slider-sized, on normal buns or as appetizers for your next party, they’re delicious and will be devoured!Print
Easy little sliders for your busy little week!
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- one (about 2 pound) flat trimmed brisket
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- 2 cups beef stock
- about ¼ cup soy sauce (we use gf)
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (we use gf)
- good quality Dijon mustard (we use Trader Joe’s!)
- about 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- slider buns
- a little butter
- In a large pot, brown your brisket about three minutes on each side in a big drizzle of EVOO. Sprinkle a liberal amount of S&P over the brisket as it browns up along with garlic powder (just eye ball it!).
- Once both sides are browned, place your brisket in your slow cooker and spread Dijon mustard over the top (I use almost an entire jar). Next add in your stock, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours or high 4 to 5 hours.
- When you’re ready to eat, preheat your oven to 400 degrees and lightly spray a 9×12 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Next remove the brisket onto a cutting board, and discard all of the liquid in the slow cooker. Shred and chop your brisket and then build your sliders adding shredded cheddar on top of each one. Place your sliders in your baking dish side by side. Once they’re all in the dish, add a little butter to the top of each bun.
- Pop your baking dish in the oven and bake about 10 to 12 minutes or until the buns are lightly browned and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and serve.
We keep this recipe gluten-free by using g-free buns and condiments. They’re easy swaps for a simple dinner!