I am sitting here at my desk watching the Red Sox play afternoon baseball, drinking coffee and eating one of these bars!
Um, we’re having a moment with Chex bars over here.
They’re easy, they’re gluten-free and they’re so versatile.
We’re also having a moment with coconut.
My kiddos continue to request my CHOCOLATE CHIP COCONUT BLENDER MUFFINS and they’re having me sprinkle shredded coconut into our pancake batter, cookie dough and frosting too. It’s like all of a sudden my kids realized that coconut is amazing 😉 .
After a trip to Trader Joe’s the other day, I came home with a few bags of their jelly beans for Easter and well, let the madness begin!
A quick, super delicious and festive bar for your Easter weekend! Enjoy! xxPrint
Jelly Bean Coconut Chex Bars
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 12 bars 1x
The perfect easy Easter treat for all of your little ducks and chicks!
- 6 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups of jelly beans (any variety)
- 1½ cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 (10 oz) bag of mini marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with foil and then spray down with Pam for easy removal of the bars. Set aside.
- In a large-sized baggie, add in your cereal. Seal the bag and lightly crush the cereal (we use the back of a measuring cup). Don’t crush them too much, just crush them a bit so that most of the cereal pieces are broken.
- Pour broken cereal pieces into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- This step is optional, but we like to do it, take half of your jelly beans and pulse them in the food processor. This will be LOUD and the jelly beans won’t crush all the way, but they will break up into smaller flakes/pieces. We love the texture of adding in both the whole and crushed jelly beans. You can totally skip this though and just add in whole jelly beans.
- Add your coconut to the bowl too.
- In a microwavable bowl, add in your marshmallows and butter. Place this bowl in the microwave and microwave until the marshmallows are melted (stopping every 30 seconds to stir). This will only take about a minute or so. As soon as your marshmallows and butter are melted, quickly pour this on top of the cereal in your bowl. Quickly combine everything and then pat it all down into your prepared baking dish. Pat everything flat and allow the bars to cool about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- When not enjoying, store these in an airtight container on the counter (no fridge necessary).