Happy happy Thursday!
You guys…this time of year, we always have coconut on hand since spring and Easter make me want to enjoy #allthecoconut recipes. Twice now, I’ve taken my standard Blender Banana Muffin recipe and added mini chocolate chips and shredded coconut for my kids. My kids LOVE this version even more! Smith says they taste like an Almond Joy! I’m storing mine in a large gallon-sized baggie and then pulling them out to serve for breakfast or add to their lunch. And because we use Namaste g-free flour, this is a delicious treat everyone at my house can enjoy. This recipe is super simple and oh so delicious!
The easiest little muffin recipe for breakfast or a snack!
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup melted butter
- about 1 cup of mashed bananas (the more ripe the better, about 2 bananas)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour (we use Namaste g-free flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups chocolate chips (we use mini)
- 1½ cups shredded sweetened coconut
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place muffin wrappers in a 12-count muffin tin (or grease well).
- Put your first four ingredients right inside your blender. Blend it up until smooth (not long, less than a minute).
- Next, add your flour, baking soda and salt to a mixing bowl. Slowly pour your banana mixture into this flour mixture and stir until just just combined. Stir in your chocolate chips and coconut.
- Divide this batter into your prepared muffin tins.
- Pop in the oven and bake about 18 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool at least five minutes before removing and enjoying. Store your muffins at room temp.
To keep things g-free, we use Namaste gluten-free flour!