Today, I have two recipes for the price of one 🙂 . My Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken (with an easy pea pasta!) is the perfect summertime supper.
Fire up the grill and grab your chicken, this recipe goes from fridge to table in no time!
This super delicious grilled chicken recipe (and easy pasta side!) is the simplest summertime supper!
- 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup honey
- one pound of penne pasta (we use a g-free Trader Joe’s pasta)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- a few cups of peas (fresh or frozen work just fine)
- about a cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- the zest of a lemon, optional
- When you’re ready to grill, preheat your outdoor grill or indoor grill pan to medium-high heat.
- You can make your marinade in advance! I like to make mine earlier in the day, but sometimes, I just make it right before we start grilling. In a large gallon-sized baggie, add in your chicken followed by a nice big drizzle of EVOO, a liberal pinch of both salt and pepper, your Dijon mustard and honey. Zip up your bag and then make sure all of the chicken is nice and coated. You can pop this in the fridge until dinner or begin grilling right away.
- On your grill, place your marinated chicken breasts (discarding any extra marinade) and grill about 8 minutes each side or until the juices run clear. Remove from grill and enjoy!
- Now to make the pasta, drop your pasta in a pot of boiling water and cook to al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add in a drizzle of EVOO and your chopped red onions. Once the onions get tender, drain off most of your hot pasta water but add a tablespoon or so of the starchy cooking water to your skillet along with your hot and ready to eat pasta. Stir this together and then stir in your fresh or frozen peas. If your peas are fresh, it will only take you a minute to heat them…if they’re frozen about three minutes.
- Stir in your cheese and zest of one lemon.
- Remove from heat and serve with your grilled chicken.