You guys, my grocery store started selling gluten-free puff pastry sheets in the freezer department and well, you know what I think about a puff pastry sheet…they’re magical 🙂 .
If you need a delicious appetizer to serve this fall/holiday season or a fun little lunch bite, my Bacon & Cranberry Pinwheels are for YOU! You simply cannot go wrong with a pinwheel. I make a lot of food every day at my house and am rarely tempted to over-indulge, but these little pinwheels? I DEVOUR THEM.
Just in time for fall, whether you purchase the gf version or the “normal”, grab you some puff pastry sheets, dried cranberries and bacon and get to pinwheel makin’!
These pinwheels are such an easy and delicious appetizer during the fall and holiday season.
1 (17 oz) box of puff pastry sheets (from the freezer department)
- 4 oz of cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup orange marmalade
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 8 pieces of cooked and crispy bacon, crumbled
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- a pinch of both salt and pepper
- a pinch of garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with Pam. Set aside.
Make sure your puff pastry sheets have come to room temp per box directions.
On your counter, open and lay out both puff pastry sheets. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine with a spoon the remaining ingredients until it’s all incorporated.
- Spread this mixture down over the center of each puff pastry sheet. Make sure the filling goes all the way down the middle covering the entire center section only.
Roll the puff pastry sheet into a log starting with the left side, rolling across the middle (where your filling is) and then rolling to the right. Your puff pastry should now be in a log. Press the seam down to make sure it doesn’t come a part.
Slice each log into about 7 pieces and then lay each pinwheel piece flat on your prepped baking sheet.
Bake pinwheels about 15 to 18 minutes.
Remove from oven and serve immediately.
We use Schar Puff Pastry Sheets to keep ours gluten-free, but if you’re not a gf family, Pepperidge Farm makes a great puff pastry sheet too.