Want to hear something fun? Andrew and I made this festive Halloween cocktail a few years ago and shared it with you…and every year, it’s one of the most viewed cocktail recipes on my blog!
We love having these wine/whiskey drinks when we’re out at restaurants and think they always look a little creepy…so they make excellent Halloween drinks. Plus bonus, not only is it creepy looking, but our Ghost Water is delicious too!
Even if you don’t think you like Irish whiskey, you might really enjoy this one! It’s so delish and really simple to whip up!!
Cheers to Halloween!!!Print
- Yield: 1 cocktail 1x
A spooky good drink to serve at your next Halloween party!
- light corn syrup
- a few tablespoons equal parts sugar and chili powder
- 2 shots Irish whiskey (we use Jameson)
- ½ shot simple syrup (see below)
- 1 splash of lime juice
- 1 shot red wine (we like a dry red)
- Take a small plate and pour a little light corn syrup down on it. Take a second small plate and add your sugar and chili powder (stir together with a spoon). Dip the rim of each of your cocktail glasses first in the corn syrup and then in your sugar-chili mixture. Repeat.
- Next, add a few scoops of ice to each glass (don’t bump the rims) and start building your drink. We like to use a measuring cup for this part: add in your Irish whiskey followed by your simple syrup, and lime juice. Stir together. Pour this down over your ice.
- Finally, take one shot of red wine and slowly pour that on top of your drink. Add a straw and serve.
Simple syrups are easy to make! In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine equal parts sugar and water (I typically use ½ cup each). Bring this to a boil and then reduce the heat and allow to boil about two minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely before using.