Happy November, friends!
As I deck my halls and get my house all merry and bright for the holiday season, I thought I’d re-share one of my favorite soup recipes. Because…it’s the day after Halloween, don’t we all need a little soup in our lives to offset all of that candy?!
Easy and delicious is on the menu tonight!
Bonus, it’s a slow cooker recipe too 🙂 .
Give basic Chicken Tortilla Soup a little kick by adding both ranch and Buffalo sauce to the mix!
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14 oz) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 (1 oz) packet of Ranch seasoning mix (on the salad dressing aisle)
- 1 (1 oz) packet of taco seasoning
- 1 (14 oz) can of cream corn
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- about 3 tablespoons of Buffalo sauce (more if you really love it!)
- ¼ cup ranch salad dressing
- shredded cheddar cheese to garnish
- chopped green onions to garnish
- crushed tortilla chips to garnish
- In your slow cooker, layer in your chicken, diced tomatoes, ranch seasoning, taco seasoning, cream corn, tomato sauce, Buffalo sauce and ranch salad dressing.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours.
- When you’re ready to serve, remove the lid and shred the chicken right inside the slow cooker with two forks.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with shredded cheddar, chopped green onions and tortilla chips.
We use gluten-free ingredients to make this soup g-free. I love to add extra Buffalo sauce at the end to the bowls of those in my family who really like it flavorful!