You guys, my baby boy is THIRTEEN YEARS OLD TODAY!
Oh my word. Where has the time gone?!
I asked him on Monday what his current favorite meal is, and he said this Bacon & Tomato Pasta (which didn’t surprise me because he asked me to make it last week for like the 14th time). If you’re lookin’ for an easy weeknight dinner, here you go!
It’s a Smith pick in honor of his birthday 🙂 .
From my family to yours, enjoy! xxPrint
My Bacon & Tomato Pasta couldn’t be simpler and is oh so delish. My family loves this one! Bonus, use g-free pasta, and it’s gluten-free too!
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 6 pieces of bacon
- 1 pound of pasta (we use g-free)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 (28 oz) can of San Marzano tomatoes (or any whole tomato)
- a handful of fresh basil, torn (reserve some)
- a cup of grated parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, crisp up your bacon in a nice big drizzle of EVOO.
- While your bacon is getting crispy, bring a large pot of water to a boil and drop your pasta. Cook to al dente (about 8 minutes or so).
- After your bacon is crispy, remove it to a paper towel and reserve. Add your chopped red onion to your bacon drippings and sauté. Once your onion gets tender, add in a big pinch of both salt and pepper and your garlic. Sauté a minute and then stir in your tomatoes. Using a wooden spoon, lightly press on your tomatoes as you stir them into your onion mixture so they break up. Lower the heat a bit and simmer about five minutes. Stir in most of your basil (reserving some for garnish).
- Add in your cooked pasta, reserved crispy bacon (crumble or chop it), Parmesan cheese and reserved basil. Toss everything together and serve.