We chatted all things Trader Joe’s yesterday, so I thought it was the perfect time to remind you about our Easy Weeknight Grilled Shrimp Stir Fry!
If you haven’t tried…
…this shrimp from their frozen department, you must! I bought it for the first time about four years ago and since then, it’s the ONLY frozen shrimp we buy! It’s crazy good and easy to turn into a delicious dinner!
Also, you’ve heard me rave and rave about…
…this frozen rice too. This is a game-changer. You will never not use frozen rice again. It’s so much better than the boxed stuff and SO STINKIN’ EASY TO HEAT UP!!
You guys, grab some Teriyaki sauce, pre-chopped veggies and dinner is done!
Easy Weeknight Grilled Shrimp Stir Fry
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
Looking for a quick and easy stir fry for your busy week? I have one right here! Just add rice and you’re ready to go!
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 tablespoon or so of sesame oil (I like to use both, but if you don’t have sesame oil, just use the EVOO)
- 1 bag of frozen shrimp, thawed (I used a 16 oz bag of Trader Joe’s Argentinian Red Shrimp)
- salt and pepper
- 1 pint of mushrooms (I used sliced portobellos)
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 (10 oz) bottle of Teriyaki Sauce (you won’t use all of it)
- any rice you like (we use a frozen fried rice) that is cooked, fluffy and ready to eat
- Preheat your indoor grill pan or outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
- Take your shrimp (not frozen) and add them to a grilling basket lightly sprayed with Pam (so they won’t stick). Drizzle some EVOO and a bit of sesame oil down along with some salt and pepper. Toss everything right in the basket (I do this over the sink so it doesn’t drip through on to my floor or counter).
- Add your shrimp to the grill and cook up about four minutes. It doesn’t take long! Remove and reserve.
- Meanwhile, in a big skillet, wok or large pot over medium-high heat, add in a bit of sesame oil and EVOO along with your mushrooms, bell pepper and onion and another drizzle of EVOO. Stir until the mushrooms brown up as well.
- Once they’re browned, add in about half the bottle of Teriyaki sauce and a pinch of salt and pepper. Let everything sauté together until the veggies get tender. Add in another splash or so of sauce if you think it needs it.
- Once everything is ready to go, serve your veggies over your cooked and fluffy rice with grilled shrimp on top.
You can mix and match this any way you like! Add more veggies, add broccoli…add whatever your family loves!
TJ’s gluten free breaded frozen shrimp is REALLY really good too. We use it for tacos, rice bowls, etc. Try it!
Mix and Match Mama says
What? what? I haven’t tried that! Is it there year around?