Happy March, friends!
Several years ago, I shared with you my Texas version of the best kind of St. Paddy’s Day dip…queso 🙂 .
It’s silly, it’s corny and it’s become a Shull family St. Patrick’s Day tradition!
Lookin’ for a fun way to spice up your month? Try my Pot of Gold Dip! You’ll make it year around.
(Spoiler, it’s just basic queso with a fun March twist! Who doesn’t want more fun in their month?!)
Have the best first day of March! xxPrint
Pot of Gold Dip
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: as long as you need
- Total Time: 8 minute
One time, I made regular old queso and called it Pot of Gold Dip for St. Paddy’s Day…and my kids thought it was hysterical. Fun, right?! Whether you make this for your kids one night or take it to a St. Patrick’s Day party, just whip up basic queso, call it Pot of Gold Dip and you’re done. St. Paddy’s made easy over here :).
- 1 pound of breakfast sausage (I use Owen’s regular pork sausage…you can even omit this step and make your dip vegetarian)
- 1 (16 oz) package of Velveeta cheese
- 1 (10 oz) can of Rotel tomatoes
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown up your sausage until it’s crumbly and cooked through. Add your cooked and crumbly sausage to your slow cooker.
- Next, add in your Velveeta cheese (I cut mine into chunks to help it melt faster) and pour over your can of Rotel. Cover and cook on high at least an hour before you remove the lid and stir. Once the dip is nice and melted, turn heat to low or “keep warm” and continue to cook as you enjoy your dip straight out of the slow cooker.
Very cute idea!
Debbie K. says
Oooo Yummy!! I make something similar, but use 2 bricks of cream cheese instead of Velveeta. I could eat it with a spoon right ut of the pan. Will have to try this version too.
Mix and Match Mama says
What does cream cheese not make better?! I love this idea!
We make this but with the white cheddar Velveeta!
Heather Stansell says
I make this too, but I add cream cheese to mine. A pot of gold indeed!