You guys, if I keep posting my sweet mother-in-law’s delicious PEPPERONI & BELL PEPPER PASTA SALAD surely you all will make it!
I was making it the other night to go with our burgers for probably the 4 billionth time and turned it into a Reel (check my IG today!) so that you could see just exactly how simple this one is to whip up. My mother-in-law served this for lunch one day over 20 years ago, and I’ve loved it and made it on repeat ever since. This is a staple recipe in our summer repertoire and should be in yours too.
Today, I’ve updated the recipe to make it g-free and added it to a printable recipe card for those of you who like to print and keep recipes.
Bonus, this is a great “kitchen sink” recipe, so maybe you have some red onion or a cucumber, add it in. This recipe is will be on repeat in your kitchen all season long!Print
My mother-in-law served this for lunch one day over 20 years ago, and I’ve loved it and made it on repeat ever since. This is a staple recipe in our summer repertoire and should be in yours too. Bonus, this is a great “kitchen sink” recipe, so maybe you have some red onion or a cucumber, add it in.
- 1 pound of cooked and cooled pasta (Cheryll always uses the tri-color rotini, but we use gluten-free)
- 1 package of pepperoni (we use turkey pepperoni), halved
- 2 yellow bell peppers, chopped
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bottle of Catalina dressing (you might not use all, just as much as you like)
- grated Parmesan cheese to garnish
- ground pepper
- First make sure you cook your pasta to al dente, then run it under cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain off all the water and then place your pasta in a large bowl.
- Next, add in your pepperoni, yellow bell peppers, cherry tomatoes and Catalina dressing. Use as much or as little dressing as you like. (If you want to keep this vegetarian, omit the pepperoni and add in another veggie or green bell peppers work great too!).
- Toss everything together and then garnish with a big sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and a big pinch of ground pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate at least two hours before serving.