Well of course I took pumpkin cereal and turned it into a bar. Have you met me?
If I see a festive cereal at my house AND festive marshmallows, it’s a no brainer that I’m going to put them together and make a little treat for my family.
This “recipe” is as easy as…
…this 🙂 .
We had Trader Joe’s Pumpkin O’s at our house, but we are also HUGE fans of the Pumpkin Spiced Cheerios too, so whichever you can find right now, it will work. We are also huge fans of the candy corn marshmallows (a seasonal find). If you see those, grab them, but if not, normal mini marshmallows will do just fine.
I had my pumpkin cereal, my festive marshmallows, some white chocolate chips and…
…this cutie in the kitchen. I was one happy mama.
If you’re looking for an easy, festive and fun recipe to whip up this week, here you go. Bonus, this is gluten-free too!
From my fall-loving kitchen to yours, enjoy! xxPrint
If you’re looking for an easy, festive and fun recipe to whip up this week, here you go. Bonus, this is gluten-free too! These bars are simple, can be mixed and matched and easily tweaked to be made year around too. From my fall-loving kitchen to yours, enjoy! xx
- 6 cups of pumpkin spice cereal (Trader Joe’s or Cheerios work just fine)
- 1½ cups of white chocolate chips
- 1 (8 oz) bag of mini marshmallows (we use the seasonal Candy Corn marshmallows)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Spray a 9×12 baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Take 3 cups of your cereal and add it to a large mixing bowl. Take the other 3 cups and place it inside a gallon-sized baggie. Lightly crush this cereal (I use the back of a measuring cup) until this cereal is broken into pieces. Add this to the bowl. (I think the bars have a better consistency when half of the cereal is broken into pieces). Add in your white chocolate chips. Set bowl aside.
- In a microwavable bowl, add in your marshmallows and butter. Microwave in 30 second intervals (stopping to stir between) until the marshmallows are completely melted (it really only takes about 90 seconds). Immediately pour this mixture into your cereal bowl and quickly start to stir and combine until all of the cereal is coated. Quickly spread this mixture down into your prepared baking dish. I like to lightly spray a spatula with Pam and then use that to press my bars down into the dish.
- Allow bars to sit on the counter about 10 minutes to firm up before cutting into bars.
If you use a gluten-free cereal, these bars are easily made g-free.
Don’t forget, if your family is into festive cereal treats this time of year…
…try our super cute PUMPKIN RICE KRISPIES TREATS too!