It’s my favorite time of year…
Pumpkin is the star of fall which is good because I’m pumpkin obsessed! From breakfast to desserts and even soups and entrees too…pumpkin will shine this fall in my kitchen!
Pumpkin Chocolate Brownies are made from scratch and they’re so simple, so decadent and so special for an autumn dessert.
So, what should you stock up on the next time you’re at the grocery store? Here are my pantry suggestions…
1. A new box of baking soda. When was the last time you changed yours out? Don’t remember…change it! I change mine at the beginning of fall and the beginning of spring. Buy a box next time you’re at the market.
2. Cake mixes…you should have at least one yellow and one spice cake mix in your pantry this fall. They work perfectly for cakes, cupcakes, cobblers, crisps, muffins and cookies.
3. Apple pie filling. I love apple pie filling for cobblers and turnovers. Plus, it’s great stirred into oatmeal too.
4. Can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling!)…basic Libby’s canned pumpkin. Buy a lot of that stuff! I make pasta dishes with it, desserts with it, even pancakes with it. It’s fall…you should buy it in bulk!
5. Refrigerated pie crusts. I love having these on hand for quick desserts or quiches. They’re easy to work with and yummy too.
6. Cinnamon! When was the last time you replaced your bottle of cinnamon? Do so now. Cinnamon sprinkled on anything is yummy. Buy yourself a new bottle for the freshest taste.
7. You need several cans of cream of chicken/mushroom soup too. Casseroles and soups are perfect in the fall with a little cream of something in them. My friends and I joke that you know it’s fall when there are 4 cans in your cart every time you visit the grocery store!
8. Slow cooker liners are a lifesaver! You can find them right on the foil/baggie aisle of your grocery store. Once you try using them, you will not go back! (Go ahead and buy two boxes!)
9. Graham crackers, chocolate bars, marshmallows…need I say more?
School is starting, Labor Day is approaching…it’s time to think about Fall you guys!
And PS: I don’t like the word y’all (which is shocking considering that I’m a Texan!) but I felt I needed it in today’s title…perhaps the first time in 6 years I’ve ever used that word on my blog :).
I’ll just go ahead and use it twice…
Happy Fall Y’all!