The last few months, I have been super inspired my by friend Erin (a.k.a. Blue Eyed Bride) and her monthly goals…so, I decided to come up with some of my own. I really want to sit back and enjoy this month. May was great but very exhausting. Between traveling, moving, working, totaling my car, swim lessons, dance, tee ball and everything in between, we left the month of May very tired. Very. Tired.
I told Andrew that I really want to make some changes around our house. I’m tired of being busy on the weekends…we need to relax more. I’m tired of looking at my phone on the weekends…I need to put it down more. I want to be outside, with my family, lovin’ on my friends and enjoying summer. So…I took a page out of Erin’s blog and wrote down some goals for myself.
Here you go friends…my June Goals…
1. Get my hair wet more often. As silly as this sounds…I should actually swim more when I’m at the pool with my kids. I realized this last summer when Smith (then only 3) told me that Ms. Karla was the most fun mom (out of my friends) because she got her hair wet. Ha! We’re always in the water with our kids but we’re not exactly always swimming…except for Karla…Karla is the mom doing cannonballs off of the side. I need to be more like Karla when I’m in the water with my kids…just more fun :).
2. Not look at my computer on Sundays. It’s one thing to be behind my computer when the weather is cold and my kids are napping, but when it’s sunny and warm out, I totally shouldn’t be doing that on Sundays. I need to be doing something else on Sundays…even if that’s just reading a book on the patio…I really should stop being at my desk on Sundays.
3. Read 2 books a month. I love, love, love to read but I rarely make time to read an actual book and not just a magazine. This month, I plan on reading two new books…I will report back in July on which books I read and what I think about them :).
4. Work on French with Kensington. Kensington love, love, love, loves when we work on our French together. She loves it! As silly (and very random) as this sounds…French is a skill I used to have mastered but because I don’t practice it enough, it’s lacking…speaking French with Kensington will help both of us!
5. Go to the local library at least twice. My kids love it when we go to the library, so I need to really try and take them more. It’s such a fun (and quiet) activity for all three of us.
6. Smith needs to nap…less. Shocking, right? We all know my kid loves his naps…but this summer, homeboy is going to nap less. I don’t want to look back on Smith’s life and think, “gee, he slept a lot while Kensington and I did fun stuff”. Nope! This June, Smith is still going to nap every day…but I’m not going to let him nap as long. Instead, we’re going to have fun.
There you have it. None of my goals are mind blowing or earth shattering…they’re just simple little goals to (hopefully) make our June the best it can be. What are your goals for June? I would love to know!! Leave me a comment and share!
And don’t forget…if your goal is to make a simple supper for your family every night this month, I have some great recipes up on Meal Planning Monday! Click here.