Happy Show & Tell Tuesday!
I’m linking up with Andrea today and showing you my beauty routine :).
Um…I love this stuff and cannot wait to look through everyone else’s posts! I’m a beauty product junkie. I could walk around Ulta or Sephora for hours just looking at the products, so this post is totally up my alley.
I did a post a few months ago on my favorite beauty products. If you saw that post, this is going to be a repeat for you. I love many beauty products but these are my favorite here…
1. Dry Bar’s Triple Sec: So, last fall, I read in a magazine that Dry Bar made this incredible dry shampoo that doubles as a texturizer. When it was time for me to buy another bottle of dry shampoo, I stopped by my local Dry Bar and picked up a bottle (also available online at Sephora) and it is my favorite! Not only does it smell insanely good, but it doesn’t leave that nasty residue in my hair. I love, love, love this stuff!
2. OPI Polish: I am very partial to OPI and Essie polishes (I went on a Butter London kick for a while but I’m off them now…too pricey for too little results). My fingers and toes are always polished…my fingers are always something different but my toes are always, always, always OPI’s Mod About You. It’s the perfect pale pink that pops on your toes while looking clean and simple at the same time.
3. Rose Salve: I read about Rose Salve in a magazine (I learn such valuable things, right?!) years ago. I use this on my lips (many times throughout the day and especially before going to bed at night), I use this on my cuticles before painting my nails (and anytime they feel dry), I use it on my nose if it’s raw from blowing (thank you allergies)…I use it all the time. Love it :). You can find it anywhere (drug stores, Bath and Body Works, etc) but I typically throw one in my “cart” when I’m running low and need to order something else from Nordstrom.
4. Clarisonic: The Clarisonic will change your skin. Period. End of story. I love it. Everyone I know who has one loves it. It’s just perfection. I use mine every night before bed. I use the Clarisonic Mia.
5. Moroccanoil: Speaking of things that I love…Moroccanoil. I should be a spokesperson for this brand. I should be the face of this product My picture should be on the bottle…I love it that much. I have been using Moroccanoil for years (shampoo, conditioner, hairspray, curling mousse and oil) and it never lets me down. My hair is thick, very wavy and can be dry if I’m not taking care of it…and this stuff tames it. I add the oil to my hair every morning, after the gym and/or when I need to freshen it a bit. In this pic, I’m using the “light” bottle because they were sold out of the original when I went to buy some more and it works equally as well. I buy mine at a local salon but Amazon sells it too.
6. The Wet Brush: Next time you’re at Target, grab a Wet Brush. I have a regular sized one but the girls have a mini (pictured). This brush easily goes through wet and tangly hair without much effort. Kensington couldn’t live without it :).
7. Dr. Dennis Gross Glow Pads: If you’ve read my blog for any length of time, you know I love these Glow Pads for my face. I swipe one on about once a week for a nice little glowy tan. Since I try and avoid sun exposure (especially to my face!), these are a must for me. Seriously…you will swoon. Once box has 20 pads in it. I love these pads!
8. OPI Wipe-Out: I found these on Amazon. I was looking for a fingernail polish remover pad to take on trips because polish remover is the worst thing to pack (I feel like it always leaks!). One of these little pads can remove the polish from all 10 fingers (that includes my base and top coats). Easy peazy!
9. Crest White Strips: I have a love/hate relationship with White Strips. For a while, I switched to a gel that didn’t make my teeth quite as sensitive but the results just weren’t as good as White Strips. I’ve learned that if I use them every 3 days instead of every day, they make my teeth less sensitive. I drink too much coffee and tea not to use them…sigh. They work.
Right after my beauty product post, I did a post on
my favorite makeup products…
my favorite makeup products…
You can read my full post with my reviews (and which exact colors I wear) here.
And to round out today’s beauty show & tell, here are
5. Living Proof Night Cap (put on after you get out of the shower)
You can read my full post with my reviews on all of these products here.
So, those are my favorite products from skin to makeup to hair. I cannot wait to look through the link ups and see which products are your favorite. If you have a great one, please comment and share! I’m always, always, always on the lookout for something new!
Next time on Show & Tell Tuesdays, we’re showing you our homes! It’s house tour time :).
And to see posts from the past…
(I was in China for the first two, so I wasn’t able to participate.)
Have a great Tuesday!
For dinner tonight…
…my Portobello Pasta. I mean…you should really make this. You can even omit the sausage and keep the recipe vegetarian too :). So yummy!
And don’t forget, if you’re praying with me this month, the prayer request post can be found here.