Seven. Eeks! Someone hold me! Seven sounds so much bigger than six to me!
A few little facts about seven year old Kensington:
1. She is a self-proclaimed homebody. She loves putting on her pjs and staying in :).
2. Ground beef anything is her favorite meal. Burgers, Sloppy Joes, soups with ground beef, tacos…anything with ground beef is a win with her!
3. Her whole world is American Girl right now (more to come about her birthday later!)…she love, love, loves American Girl dolls, movies and books.
4. She loves crafting/coloring/cutting…anything artsy. She’s always in the mood to whip up something artistic.
5. She has a love/hate relationship with dance. She loves jazz and tap and does not care for ballet (it’s too slow and boring for her).
6. She loves being outside and doing outdoorsy stuff…but thinks that learning to ride a bike isn’t important. When will she ever need to ride a bike? She has no interest in this skill and it makes me laugh…because honestly, when was the last time I rode a bike?!?! #shemighthaveapoint
7. This girl loves being in the kitchen. It doesn’t matter what I say I’m making…she’ll help me make any and everything. I love her help, but more than anything, I love spending time with her.
8. She’s such a good sister to Ashby and Smith. She has taken to this adoption better than I could have ever imagined. You can just tell that God didn’t just call Andrew and me to adopt…He called Kensington too! She is amazing with her little sister.
9. For lunch today, we told her we’d bring her something special to eat at school and she said Chinese food. And then for dinner, we told her she could pick anything she wants to eat and she said, Chinese food. So…if you’re looking for us today, we’ll be out eating…Chinese food.
That’s our birthday girl!
I went into the hospital on September 14…not knowing if I was having a boy or a girl…and then a loooooong time later, on September 15, I had a c-section and at 2:34 PM, the doctors pulled out this beautiful baby girl…
…who immediately stole our hearts.
Happy birthday Kensington!
Okay…if I weren’t eating Chinese food tonight (for the second time today), I would be eating this…
…my Apple Turkey Burgers.
Little bits of Apple and sharp white cheddar cheese pair beautifully with this yummy weeknight burger!