A little Ashby update.

Well, today our sweet Ashby has yet another procedure.

When we started these two years ago, they told us she would need six.

This is number 14.

I mean…I don’t even have anything to say about that.  It sucks.  There is just no better way to say it.  The good news is that these procedures are working.  They’re keeping her safe and healthy against nasty things like blood clots and aneurysms…but they’re invasive, painful, take about 10 days to recover from and require a lot of anesthesia.  Right now, there is no end in sight to when we complete this process.  Because her malformation is so complex, it is just taking longer and often, they have to repeat areas.  At some point, they will stop and we’ll move back to debulking veins (another surgical procedure), and then when that’s over, if she’s healthy enough and her vascular system isn’t compromised, we’ll go back to this.  As Ashby grows, her vascular system grows (just like it does for all kiddos!)…but that means her vascular anomaly grows too.

In July, Ashby was put under for an MRI with dye which told us a few things (she has an MRI with every procedure, but those do not use dye).  It told us that she has no clots or aneurysms at this time (well, at least she didn’t in July) which is a HUGE PRAISE!  It also told us that we needed to try compression garments (again!).  We went to the compression clinic five times in August to get her a garment that worked and it never did.  This was our second attempt at compression therapy (we tried when she was three), but it has been unsuccessful.  It seems to cause more harm than good, so at this time, we’re unable to do it.

The good news really is that there is no news.  Ashby isn’t complaining of pain, she’s not bleeding internally anywhere, and she seems very happy, healthy, energetic and ready to conquer the world 🙂 .

So far, school is going fantastic!  Last year, I volunteered to be the room mom for Kensington’s class and this year, I get to be the room mom for Ashby’s.  I love this so much because it means at least once a week, I’m in her class with her and the other students and it gives me a bit of peace to see how she’s doing.  She loves her teacher, she has made new friends and so far, things seem to be going really well.  She does have special accommodations at school that allow her a little more flexibility and freedom when it comes to things like PE and such, plus, her doctor gave a written statement describing Ashby’s condition, so that there are no questions from the staff there about what she’s capable of, what they should be concerned about, etc.  Her teacher called me this week to say that in a very organic way, Ashby’s condition came up in class and that together, they shared a little bit about veins and what they do and how Ashby’s are a little different.  One girl in class raised her hand and said that Ashby was special.  I mean…how sweet is that?!  So, we’re off to a good start at school.  Thank you so much to those of you who prayed for her as she began this school year.  I honestly cannot thank you enough.  Your prayers are working!  I will be forever grateful to each and every one of you.

So, this morning, we’re at the hospital ready to go for round #14.  Sweet Ashby has been a part of our family for 3½ years now, and this will be the 18th time she’s been put under general anesthesia for a procedure.  Please pray for her this morning.  Pray that she has a peace in her heart, pray they’re able to make progress today and not just repeat areas from the past, please pray she is in little pain when she wakes up and is not nauseous at all.  These are specific prayer requests and I would be honored if you would pray for each of them.

Thank you so much, friends!  Words cannot adequately express how grateful I am each and every day to be this girl’s mama. xo

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog September 20, 2018 at 4:39 am

Wishing the best for Ashby! She’s doing great! 🙂

• Reply Susan Jeffries September 20, 2018 at 4:47 am

Prayers for your girl today. She is so darned cute. And look at those long legs! She has grown so much! Pray that all goes well today.

• Reply Beth Knecht September 20, 2018 at 4:52 am

Saying a little prayer for little Ashby! What a powerful God we have! Knowing that he’s listening today, like everyday!

• Reply Erika Slaughter September 20, 2018 at 4:53 am

I was thinking the same thing…she looks so tall in the first day of school pic! Praying for sweet Ashby this morning! XO

• Reply Madi September 20, 2018 at 5:00 am

Praying for Ashby ❤️

• Reply Leslie September 20, 2018 at 5:18 am

Praying for Ashby, the medical professionals attending her, Great Peace, progress, and no nausea! In Jesus’ Name.

• Reply Beth September 20, 2018 at 5:42 am

Praying for your precious Ashby this morning!

• Reply Tara Hall September 20, 2018 at 5:42 am

Praying for Ashby today! What a fighter she is. That sweet girl in her class is right – Ashby is special. It takes a special person (and family) to endure all that she has with a smile and no complaints! Praying for God’s strength today.

• Reply Theresa Wenz September 20, 2018 at 5:46 am

Sending sooooo many prayers and positive thoughts for your brave girl today and for you too…..elated that she is doing so well in kinder. 💗💗💗

• Reply Sheila September 20, 2018 at 5:48 am

She’s so adorable. Prayers for your sweet daughter.

• Reply Elspeth Mizner September 20, 2018 at 5:48 am

So many prayers are going up for you and Ashby!!! She is one strong little girl!

• Reply Lynn DePalma September 20, 2018 at 5:49 am

While their are still some set backs. I’m so happy to hear all of the answers to prayer as well! Sending positive thoughts and prayer your way as Ashby goes through today’s procedure. As well as prayer for peace and comfort for you as you wait during her procedure.

• Reply Sarah Shaneyfelt September 20, 2018 at 5:51 am

Praying for her today and for you, too, Mama! She definitely is a special girl who is a tough fighter!
    MeetTheShaneyfelts

• Reply Molly September 20, 2018 at 5:56 am

As a school social worker, I am so glad to hear that Ashby’s teacher took the time to share with the class a little about veins, etc. Kids are truly curious and it is beyond beneficial to explain and educate rather than shame them for their curiosity.
    Also, many prayers for Ashby and her team of doctors this morning. She is so brave!

• Reply Sheaffer Sims September 20, 2018 at 6:01 am

Praying for all of the specifics for your incredibly brave and super sweet girl. Praying for your heart to , mama. Love y’all.

• Reply Raimie September 20, 2018 at 6:02 am

Prayers going out for your little warrior this morning with her procedure! I also pray that as she grows she will come to be reminded with every appointment/test/procedure/etc. that God holds her safely in the palm of His own hand <3

• Reply Hanna Broom September 20, 2018 at 6:02 am

Prayers for Ashby and for you!!!

• Reply KimW September 20, 2018 at 6:04 am

I think that is outstanding that they were able to talk a little bit about Ashby’s condition in class and that talking about it will help the other children understand and be compassionate! Ashby sure is a tough cookie!! Give that girl lemons and she will make lemonade!

• Reply Narci September 20, 2018 at 6:12 am

Covering your girl in prayer today!! We love you, Ashby!!

• Reply Alexis deZayas September 20, 2018 at 6:19 am

Praying those prayer requests with you this morning Shay. That sweet girl is going to do big things!

• Reply Kim Clark September 20, 2018 at 6:28 am

Praying for Ashby and her surgeons this morning!

• Reply Becky September 20, 2018 at 6:29 am

Praying for that special girl! She needs a super hero cape…..She is so very precious.

• Reply Brooke Richardson September 20, 2018 at 6:33 am

Love that sweet girl!!!! Praying for her!

• Reply April Parrish September 20, 2018 at 6:35 am

Ashby is so strong and our God is faithful to protect her. Praying for her this morning and for a speedy recovery.

• Reply Amy Heinl September 20, 2018 at 6:39 am

Lifting sweet Ashby in prayer. May she gather strength from the prayers that surround her today. May she feel comforted and protected by the loving arms of the Lord who is holding her safely in His healing hands today. You are a warrior princess sweet child of God and you will continue to move mountains

• Reply Nikki September 20, 2018 at 6:44 am

Praying for sweet Ashby today! “The Lord will fight for us, we need only to be still.”

• Reply Amanda Wilson September 20, 2018 at 6:48 am

Prayer is so powerful!! I will keep her in my prayers. Shay I will be praying for you to….it’s no easy being a mom while your kid is in surgery.

• Reply Connie September 20, 2018 at 6:51 am

Awww. Praying for your sweet Ashby. What a little doll she is! God bless her. She has a wonderful family there for her. Prayers for you all Shay. 💖

• Reply Cassi September 20, 2018 at 6:53 am

Prayers for sweet Ashby.

• Reply Ramona September 20, 2018 at 6:56 am

Surrounding y’all with love and healing and I pray for Ashby to have peace in her heart and to not be sick when she wakes up and for this surgery to go well. She is growing so much! And beautiful!

• Reply Karen September 20, 2018 at 6:59 am

Sending prayers for Ashby and you today! 💗 It’s so great to hear that Kindergarten is going so well!

• Reply Ralinn September 20, 2018 at 7:04 am

Bless her heart. I am so glad God is in control. He is the ultimate surgeon and healer. Blessings to all of you especially Ashby.

• Reply Jessamyn September 20, 2018 at 7:04 am

My baby has a small procedure tomorrow that I’ve been worried about since I’ve never had a child under anesthesia before and sweet Ashby’s bravery has made me feel so encouraged this morning! Tell her thank you. If she can do this so many times with faith, I know I can too! I’m praying for her now. If she wants to, she can say a prayer for Deacon in the morning since it’s his first time doing something she’s gotten quite good at! ❤️

• Reply Laura September 20, 2018 at 7:09 am

Praying for Ashby. 💗

• Reply Becky September 20, 2018 at 7:09 am

Praying!!!🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
    Fully Relying On God!!! (FROGing) 🐸🐸🐸
    Believing!!! 👣

• Reply Jodie KIngsbury September 20, 2018 at 7:10 am

Prayers for Ashby today! She is so cute!

• Reply Elizabeth September 20, 2018 at 7:13 am

Prayers for sweet Ashby! That girl is such a trooper!

• Reply Amy Divita September 20, 2018 at 7:16 am

Prayers for your sweet baby and prayers for you, such a strong mama. Looking forward to reading your praise report post regarding this procedure. Matthew 21:22

• Reply Rebecca September 20, 2018 at 7:20 am

Just prayed for Ashby. Specifically that she wakes up w no pain or nausea. I also prayed that the Lord guide the doctors hands during the procedure. We serve a mighty God and I also pray for peace for you and your entire family.
    Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.1 Peter 5:7

• Reply Dale Thomas Pingel September 20, 2018 at 7:21 am

You bet I am praying–progress, little and hopefully no pain, and no nausea. Ashby, you are a champ!
    Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us–to Him be glory! Ephesians 3:20-21a

• Reply Rachel September 20, 2018 at 7:24 am

Praying for Ashby today! I’m always amazed at how strong and brave our kiddos that go through things like this are – God’s grace!

• Reply Rachel September 20, 2018 at 7:25 am

Praying for Ashby today! I’m always amazed at our how strong and brave our kiddos are that go through things like this – God’s grace!

• Reply Natalie Alvarado September 20, 2018 at 7:28 am

Praying for your baby girl today. God sees every single vein and I stand in agreement with you for her healing…Whether God does it instantly or through the wisdom of doctors. He is able!

• Reply Amy D. September 20, 2018 at 7:29 am

My thoughts and prayers are with sweet Ashby today and everyday. I hope the procedure goes well and that her recovery is as painless as possible. My thoughts & prayers are with you and your family. *hugs*

• Reply Rachel September 20, 2018 at 7:29 am

Prayers for Ashby! She’s adorable!!

• Reply Mother Henn September 20, 2018 at 7:30 am

Prayers for Asbhby and each of you.

• Reply Heidi Hoogeveen September 20, 2018 at 7:30 am

She is so sweet! Thinking of you guys this morning!

• Reply Melissa Terry September 20, 2018 at 7:32 am

Love and prayers for you and your sweet girl this morning.

• Reply Alisha September 20, 2018 at 7:32 am

Praying for her!

Also…at sompoint I would love to here more about how you found out about ashby’s condition. If I recall correctly, you were not aware of how server it was till after you adopted Ashby. How did that make you feel. Did you have to reach back out to the adaption Agency? Why do you think there was the miscommunication.

In addition to Ashby, what about Madeley? How is her health? I feel like you mentioned it before as well but it was super brief and I was just courious as to how she is doing and how you guys are coping with it all.

Thanks! And again, we are praying for Ashpy today 😘

• Reply Gardner Story September 20, 2018 at 7:33 am

Just prayed for those specific requests and will continue to! Please give an update later. 🙂

• Reply Karla September 20, 2018 at 7:39 am

Bless you all, praying!!! Sending love ❤️

• Reply Paula September 20, 2018 at 7:42 am

Every time you speak of Ashby, I cry a little. She sounds so incredibly sweet & special. I am so glad school is going well. I know your momma heart feels relieved.
    Praying for today’s procedure and quick recovery.

• Reply Joy Quides-Sanchez September 20, 2018 at 7:42 am

My thoughts and prayers go out to Ashby and your family. She is a beautiful little girl who sparkles in every picture you post. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

• Reply Tracy September 20, 2018 at 7:45 am

Praying for your girl (and you & Andrew too!).

• Reply Carrie September 20, 2018 at 7:48 am

Praying for sweet Ashby today and your specific requests. Bless her heart. Also praying for her parents and siblings. HUGS!

• Reply Amy September 20, 2018 at 7:49 am

I can’t even imagine…Ashby is one special child for sure. Tough as nails and so stinkin cute always with a smile on her face. So many prayers being sent your way!!!

• Reply Courtney September 20, 2018 at 7:50 am

A great quote from St Catherine of Siena says ‘God never sends a thorn in our lives that he doesn’t send a rose to bloom.’ This has given me great hope in the thorns in my life as a mother!

• Reply Megan September 20, 2018 at 7:52 am

She is special! How sweet. Ashby, I’m praying for you in Florida right now!

• Reply Laurel Poole September 20, 2018 at 7:53 am

Bless little Ashby and you all. She’ll be in my thoughts today.

• Reply Patty September 20, 2018 at 7:53 am

Oh my. Praying for this sweet girl and your whole family. This can be so hard on the parents and siblings too.

Patty
    Goodbetterbestfood.blogspot.com

• Reply Ashton September 20, 2018 at 7:54 am

Praying from Indiana for Ashby!

• Reply Jo September 20, 2018 at 7:55 am

Praying for peace that passes all understanding for darling Ashby and for you Shay and Andrew as you walk this road together. Praying for excellent results from this surgery with minimum pain in the following days and no after effects from the anesthesia. We serve a Mighty God who is able to do more than we can dare think or dream.

• Reply susie September 20, 2018 at 7:55 am

She is so fortunate to have parents who would do anything to give her a better life. thankful for wonderful doctors and specialists who can help. may God grant you all peace as you you walk through today and the coming days. His mercies are new every morning. great is Thy faithfulness.

• Reply WhittyWife September 20, 2018 at 7:59 am

Oh Shay, your Ashby updates just slay me. I’m praying your specific requests over her this morning. I understand how hard constant medical procedures are. You’re such a strong mama as you support her and love her through this. Thank you for keeping us updated – it’s an honor to pray for your sweet girl. ❤

• Reply Monica September 20, 2018 at 8:00 am

She is so darn cute! Praying that all goes well for her and peace of mind to you as well!

• Reply Holly Clark September 20, 2018 at 8:02 am

Praying for your sweet girl today and in her recovery. To say she is a blessing is an understatement. Thankful she has an amazing family to partner with her and love her through this incredibly tough process.

• Reply Jenny September 20, 2018 at 8:03 am

Prayers for Ashby’s procedure and recovery (and for her Mama too) – check!
    What a sweet, sweet girl! Here’s to a successful procedure and a quick and easy recovery!

• Reply Nerine September 20, 2018 at 8:03 am

Prayers for sweet Ashby 💗💗💗

• Reply Ramona September 20, 2018 at 8:04 am

Praying for all you.

• Reply Lana Weeks September 20, 2018 at 8:08 am

• Reply Lana Weeks September 20, 2018 at 8:08 am

Praying for her! Your kids are all precious and I love your blog…just found it recently ❤ Thank you for sharing!!

• Reply Nancy Belfeld September 20, 2018 at 8:09 am

Prayers to sweet Ashby and to you Shay that all goes well today. Ashby is such a strong little girl and she has all our hearts

• Reply Lindsay B September 20, 2018 at 8:15 am

Sending love and prayers to your sweet girl! I started following your blog right around the time that you adopted Ashby. Her strength is inspiring!

• Reply Wilma September 20, 2018 at 8:16 am

Lord, whatever Ashby’s greatest need is today, will you meet that need? And meet it in a way that they all know you did it. I ask this in the powerful name of Jesus, AMEN 🙌

• Reply Dawn K September 20, 2018 at 8:17 am

Prayed for Ashby this morning, and for you!

• Reply Kim Roessing September 20, 2018 at 8:18 am

Lifting up prayers for sweet Ashby today. Let skilled and masterful hands keep her comforted and wrapped in Love .

• Reply Kathy L September 20, 2018 at 8:19 am

I so enjoy reading updates about all your kiddos, but sweet Ashby is so precious. I prayed specifically for the things you mentioned above, and I know that God is with you all during this process. Looking forward to hearing good news and Ashby’s progress in the near future. 😉

• Reply Laura Reimer September 20, 2018 at 8:23 am

Prayers for all <3

• Reply Jenna September 20, 2018 at 8:26 am

Prayers for Ashby, the procedure and that it progresses, the Doctors and nurses, and for your families peace. Also, praying for a good recovery.

• Reply Chelsea September 20, 2018 at 8:29 am

Praying hard for your sweet girl today!

• Reply Deb September 20, 2018 at 8:29 am

Praying for your little princess.

• Reply Kara September 20, 2018 at 8:30 am

I wanted to write all the good and encouraging things to you and Ashby (because this does suck) but I think the best thing for your heart (and Ashby’s heart) is to know I am praying for you all. God’s got this!!!

• Reply Celina September 20, 2018 at 8:31 am

I just burst into tears reading this and felt the Lord hear my prayers for you all! My son has been under only four times for a bone cyst and those four times were enough on this mama’s heart. I can’t imagine 14! She’s so brave and tough! I pray for you too Mama!!

• Reply Heather September 20, 2018 at 8:37 am

God Who Heals, please be with sweet Ashby and her family today. Give them all peace in their hearts. Give her surgeon and other caregivers wisdom and steady hands. We boldly pray for great progress today and a swift recovery without pain or nausea. Thank you for the way you’ve blessed her with new friends and a smooth kinder transition. We pray for a GREAT year for Ashby in school and that she would continue to live her life to the fullest with joy and strength! She has blessed and encouraged people from all around the world who don’t even know her! Thank you for bringing her into the Shull family and for being with her on this important day and every day. In Jesus’ name, AMEN!

• Reply Patricia Ridgley September 20, 2018 at 8:38 am

Just finished praying for your warrior! And a special prayer for you too!

• Reply pam September 20, 2018 at 8:38 am

Bless her little heart. Praying for such a sweet girl and her sweet family! Will be thinking of her all day!

• Reply Julie Hulsey September 20, 2018 at 8:39 am

Praying for your sweet girl this morning…and for you too!

• Reply jette September 20, 2018 at 8:42 am

Prayers for Ashby – and you! Hang in there – God is at work. How awesome it is that He placed Ashby in your life – for your family has the resources to help her. He is so good!

• Reply Maureen Werner September 20, 2018 at 8:43 am

Praying for your sweet Ashby. I had no idea she had that many surgeries. I know how hard it was to watch one of my 5 year old twin sons have to have anesthesia for a dental procedure this summer! I can not imagine if that had to happen over and over!😬

I am praying for strength for Ashby and for you! You are such a strong and loving Mama!❤️ Hugs to you both!

• Reply Michelle S September 20, 2018 at 8:49 am

Dear Lord, we ask that you hold Ashby in your healing hands. Please guide the doctors as they perform these
    Procedures and make progress. Please hold Ashby in your hands of comfort so there is no pain. We ask that her tummy be held still and not be sick from the anesthesia. Lord we know we can do all things through you. Please hold up Shay and her family in peace. We pray these things in your precious name. Amen

• Reply Keesha September 20, 2018 at 8:51 am

Praying for all of you today!

• Reply Beth Valenta September 20, 2018 at 8:52 am

Prayers for your sweet girl and for you.

• Reply Stephanie September 20, 2018 at 8:54 am

Praying for your sweet girl today❤️❤️

• Reply Debbie Mayfield September 20, 2018 at 8:54 am

Praying your specific requests for your sweet girl!!!!!

• Reply Shelly September 20, 2018 at 8:55 am

Sweet, sweet baby girl! Prayers all goes smoothly today and progress is made.

• Reply Kindal September 20, 2018 at 8:59 am

Just prayed for sweet Ashby and will continue praying!

• Reply Ashlee September 20, 2018 at 9:01 am

Praying for sweet Ashby. What a strong little girl she is. Glad to hear kindergarten is going well!

• Reply melissa tepool September 20, 2018 at 9:01 am

Praying for sweet Ashby and for your mama heart to be strong for her. Nothing worse for a mother than seeing her baby in pain so praying that the Lord gives you supernatural courage and peace!!

• Reply Kathy September 20, 2018 at 9:03 am

Praying for your sweet Ashby that she recovers quickl with very little pain.

• Reply melissa tepool September 20, 2018 at 9:03 am

Praying for sweet Ashby and your mama heart to be strong for her. Nothing worse for a mother than seeing her baby in pain, so I’m praying for the Lord to give you supernatural courage and peace! Love and prayers

• Reply Lindsey September 20, 2018 at 9:03 am

This post brought tears to my eyes. Sweet Ashby is such a special little lady. Prayers for her (and you) this morning.

• Reply Gloria Hunsberger September 20, 2018 at 9:04 am

Prayed for her just now. She’s so tough!

• Reply Jenny September 20, 2018 at 9:05 am

Saying prayers for sweet Ashby!!

• Reply Zoraya A. Ordonez September 20, 2018 at 9:11 am

Praying for sweet Ashby

• Reply Kelly Buffington September 20, 2018 at 9:14 am

Praying very specifically for Miss Ashby Shull today!

• Reply Cindy September 20, 2018 at 9:19 am

Prayers for this sweet and brave girl! Can they give her anti- nausea med in her IV with the Anesthesia? I get very nauseous from Anesthesia and always request this.

• Reply Sandy Manning September 20, 2018 at 9:29 am

Praying for you all. What a praise that she is in a family who can care for her and this special need. The alternative is, I’m sure, too much to begin to wrap your head around. She is so precious and seems to be thriving which must be a huge blessing. I’ll especially pray she won’t be nauseous. Throwing up is sometimes the worst thing in life in children’s minds! I’m sure this whole thing is especially hard on a momma’s heart. May God strengthen you this day and in her recovery.

• Reply Kristen Gerdel September 20, 2018 at 9:32 am

Praying for your sweet girl! And you too Mama.

• Reply Laci September 20, 2018 at 9:33 am

Praying for Ashby now!

• Reply janie reinert September 20, 2018 at 9:35 am

Praying for Sweet Ashby !

• Reply Elizabeth September 20, 2018 at 9:42 am

Ashby is so BRAVE!

• Reply Tish Ferry September 20, 2018 at 9:43 am

Praying for her now! And for you sweet Momma heart! Grateful God chose you to be Ashby’s Mom!

• Reply Jaimie September 20, 2018 at 3:38 pm

Perfectly said! “Grateful God chose you to be Ashby’s mom!” I couldn’t agree more!! xx

• Reply Sharon DeLorme September 20, 2018 at 9:46 am

Sending prayers, peace, hope and grace. You got this!

• Reply Debbra L Weber September 20, 2018 at 9:47 am

Continued prayers for Ashby and all of you!

• Reply Amanda @ That Inspired Chick September 20, 2018 at 10:08 am

Big prayers for Ashby today!!

• Reply Gail Young September 20, 2018 at 10:13 am

In a flood of tears just realizing how many friends your family is blessed with as I read each of these responses. Not only praying for Ashby and the surgeons but for your whole family as well and how blessed we all are to travel on this journey with you as you share from your heart with us. Thank you for being so vulnerable with all of your readers as it makes us more tender and open and it teaches us what community means in God’s kingdom. Ashby has been a joy to me and I love praying for her! ( I only ‘know her’ through this blog but she is such a little warrior.)

• Reply Elise Welch September 20, 2018 at 10:13 am

Praying for Ashby today! She is such a sweet and special girl! I have struggled with having seizures for the last couple years so I totally understand how hard it can be when things don’t seem to be working or at least taking a long time. God is writing a beautiful story for her and I know she will be a blessing to so many.

• Reply Mary September 20, 2018 at 10:22 am

Ashby is such a shining star, I love your updates on her. Prayers all the way from Boston, even though she is a Yankees fan 😉

• Reply Julie September 20, 2018 at 10:31 am

Prayers being said for sweet Ashby.

• Reply Stephanie Christianson September 20, 2018 at 10:40 am

Just prayed for your sweet Ashby! Hugs!

• Reply Pamm Heath September 20, 2018 at 10:43 am

Little ones are so resilient, but a mama’s heart can be so tender, especially when she’s trying to be strong for her babies. God wrote the story for sweet Ashby, and I have a feeling He’s got big adventures for that precious child! Keep lifting her up to Him, the ultimate physician ……. & you got this Mama!

• Reply Barbara Parnell September 20, 2018 at 10:45 am

Praying for your sweet girl today. She is quite an inspiration!

• Reply Kim S September 20, 2018 at 11:04 am

Sending prayers for Ashby and all of your family!

• Reply Kirsten Juenke September 20, 2018 at 11:11 am

Hugs and prayers for sweet beautiful Ashby. I totally got teary eyed at her classmate saying that…wonderful!

• Reply Heather September 20, 2018 at 11:12 am

Prayers for your amazing daughter and for the entire family!

• Reply Terry Pitzer September 20, 2018 at 11:20 am

Praying!

• Reply Lindsay Dunagan September 20, 2018 at 11:25 am

Praying for your sweet girl!! xoxo

• Reply Tausha Manis September 20, 2018 at 11:32 am

Praying our Lords ultimate healing for this precious angel! I’m an adoptive mom too! (My Ava is from Tianjin)

Much love and grace to your sweet family. Honored to pray for you!

Your sister in Christ,

Tausha Manis

• Reply Laura Drury September 20, 2018 at 11:35 am

This post brought tears to my eyes. She is so strong. Praying for her today ! Thanks for keeping us updated.

• Reply Lindsay @ Lindsay's Sweet World September 20, 2018 at 11:38 am

Your sweet girl is always in my prayers. She is a tough little thing!

• Reply Megan September 20, 2018 at 12:03 pm

Prayers said and will continue!!

• Reply Becky Carl September 20, 2018 at 12:48 pm

Ashby is one strong and brave girl. Because of those attributes, she will be able to conquer the difficult paths of life like a trooper. I don’t understand a lot about her condition, but pray she gets a miracle healing. Stay strong sweet girl!

• Reply Kathi Mackintosh September 20, 2018 at 12:48 pm

Prayed for her recovery process since I’m hoping the procedure is all finished by now. Specifically prayed for little to no pain and no nausea!

• Reply Jackie September 20, 2018 at 1:19 pm

Hi Shay! I prayed for your little cutie today and I really hope that she’s not in too much pain after, that little rockstar of yours is such a blessing!! 🙂

• Reply Whitney Pegram September 20, 2018 at 1:25 pm

Praying for her & you, Mama!

• Reply Kathy Cochran September 20, 2018 at 1:40 pm

Praying for Ashby!!

• Reply Liz Thorson September 20, 2018 at 1:41 pm

❤️❤️💕❤️❤️ for Ashby and you, dear Shay.

• Reply Kathy September 20, 2018 at 2:06 pm

Just reading this and praying for Ashby that God continues to shower her with HIs grace and that He gives wisdom to the doctors working on her.

• Reply Talitha September 20, 2018 at 3:21 pm

Praying for sweet Ashby today, in the Mighty Name of Jesus, the Great Physician, success of the medical procedures, greater than expected, freedom from pain and nausea and anxiety, rest and encouragement for you and the entire family. I love sharing part of your life!

• Reply Jaimie September 20, 2018 at 3:35 pm

Sending all the love and prayers for your sweet, strong girl! xx

• Reply Sarah Anikpo September 20, 2018 at 3:38 pm

Praying for your beautiful and sweet girl, right now. It’s so much for someone her age and for your family, but the alternative would be no family sharing the love of Jesus with her and likely no treatment. So much redemption in her story.

• Reply Crystal September 20, 2018 at 4:02 pm

& this is why I want to grow up to be just like Ashby someday. That girl is still my hero!
    Brave, tough, resilient & all with a smile!
    Many prayers being sent your way~

• Reply Ruth Poat September 20, 2018 at 4:18 pm

Praying for Ashby now.

• Reply Jeanie September 20, 2018 at 6:41 pm

I’m so sorry that Ashby has to go through these procedures so many times. She is in my prayers. I’m impressed that she handles it so well. She is a trouper!

• Reply Debbie Dunbar September 20, 2018 at 7:20 pm

Praying too! She is a precious girl!

• Reply Rebecca Lee September 20, 2018 at 8:27 pm

Ashby is amazing. You too are amazing, and you inspire me everyday with your heart (and im from across the globe). praying for Ashby!

• Reply gina September 20, 2018 at 8:31 pm

Blessings for sweet and STRONG Ashby! I also pray that she be forever blessed with a strong of friends!

• Reply Shan Rocha September 20, 2018 at 11:06 pm

Hope Ashby is recovering well at home … praying for the strongest kiddo I’ve ever “met”, thank you for keeping us updated, so happy she is enjoying school ❤️

• Reply Kimberly C September 21, 2018 at 6:06 am

Praying that everything went well yesterday and that she recovers and bounces back well. I always tear up to some level when reading your updates about Ashby — today was no different. For a brief moment I couldn’t help but think about what kind of shape that sweet girl would be in had you all not found each other and it made me so sad. Thank you so much for sharing your sweet Ashby (and the rest of your family) with us all. It’s so nice to know that there is so much good left in the world 💗

• Reply Amy September 21, 2018 at 9:39 am

I’m just reading about Ashby today. As I sit here with tears I pray that all went well yesterday. I hope today is a good day for her and your family. God Bless you for being such a great mom and family to Ashby. Enjoy Hocus Pocus I watched with my kids and although grown now, it was a favorite of ours.

• Reply Kacy M September 23, 2018 at 11:36 pm

What a sweet and strong girl! I love how her class is so loving towards her even though she’s “different”. Praying for her!