Life lately.

It’s Thursday.

I love Thursdays.

Today, I’m taking Kensington and we’re doing something really special to celebrate her 10th birthday this weekend!  If you want to see what we’re up to, you can follow along on Instagram or Facebook.  Here’s a little throwback in honor of today…

…ten years ago.

Sigh.

Never stand next to your younger, super fit, cousin when you’re 9 months pregnant.

Side note, my sweet cousin is pregnant right now with her second baby 🙂 .

Here’s one more throwback in honor of Kensington’s upcoming birthday…

…first family picture 🙂 .

Lots of labor and a c-section will make you look really tired. Hahahaha!  Sweet baby girl!  It just seems like YESTERDAY.  Where has the time gone?!

T-minus two days until she’s TEN!

In the meantime, here’s some life lately…

Ashby wrote a letter for Bowen.  She was so excited to put it in the mailbox!

Best record in baseball?  Those Boston Red Sox!  I’ve been wearing my gear around town to show my pride 🙂 .  You can find my shorts HERE.

On Friday, Erika, Andrew and I tried to take the kids to the SMU/TCU game in Dallas to watch Tab officiate.  We made it there and enjoyed Mexican food pre-kickoff.  The problem?  It wouldn’t stop storming!  We waited around and then finally decided to head home after they moved kickoff all the way to 9:00 PM.  Watching Tab officiate sounds like fun!  Sitting in the rain with six kids on wet seats after 10:00 PM does not.  Boo.

Saturday morning hair 🙂 .

I snapped this sweet pic the other night at Sean and Catherine’s house.  Isaiah looks pretty cozy, right?!

They decorated the front of the gym for fall.  Of course, we had to stop for a pic by the hay!

That’s a little life lately.  See you tomorrow! xo

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog September 13, 2018 at 4:38 am

Shay, you looked so beautiful now and ten years ago! Your smile! 🙂
    Happy 10th birthday to Kensington. I hope she has a wonderful day!

• Reply Sarah Shaneyfelt September 13, 2018 at 5:40 am

I can’t wait to see what you and Kennsington do today! Enjoy your time together!
    MeetTheShaneyfelts

• Reply Elspeth Mizner September 13, 2018 at 5:44 am

Have fun with Kensington this weekend!

• Reply Sheaffer Sims September 13, 2018 at 5:47 am

My goodness, y’all were babies having babies!!! Can’t wait to follow along on ig!

• Reply Narci September 13, 2018 at 6:08 am

Aw! What a great life lately! Have so much fun today! 🙂

• Reply Amanda Wilson September 13, 2018 at 7:19 am

Love these posts!! I can’t wait to see where you are off to!! I also can’t wait to see Kensingtons Birthday sign.

• Reply Rebecca Jo September 13, 2018 at 7:50 am

That Saturday morning hair is the cutest picture!!!!! Her smile just melts me!
    You & the hubby look like babies yourself in that first ‘family photo’ … I’m sure 10 years feels like yesterday when you look at that.
    Have a great birthday celebration!!!

• Reply Debbra L Weber September 13, 2018 at 8:29 am

Happy Birthday to your daughter. Enjoy celebrating. My boys and I are HUGE Red Sox fans. Where did you get your t-shirt?! 🙂
    ]

• Reply Mix and Match Mama September 14, 2018 at 5:37 am

Yawkey Way!

• Reply Carol September 13, 2018 at 8:39 am

Madeley looks like she has BOTH her hands around
    Brittt’s neck!!

• Reply Katie September 13, 2018 at 8:44 am

What is your secret? You look younger now than you did 10 years ago. You and your hubby have both gotten better looking. It surprises me every time I see you post photos from when y’all were younger. What is this fountain of youth and where can I find it?!?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama September 14, 2018 at 5:37 am

Hahahahahaha! Thank you!

• Reply Mallory B September 13, 2018 at 8:48 am

I love Madeley’s pajamas, where did you find those?? I can never find nightgowns!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama September 14, 2018 at 5:36 am

It’s an oldie (passed down, it was Ashby’s).

• Reply Katie September 14, 2018 at 8:28 pm

I find nightgowns in Amazon! Occasionally target as well…

• Reply Janet Teeter September 13, 2018 at 8:52 am

You left out the most important link…where to get your Boston Red Sox shirt🤔

• Reply Mix and Match Mama September 14, 2018 at 5:36 am

It’s from the Yawkey Way Store inside Fenway Park 🙂

• Reply Amanda @ That Inspired Chick September 13, 2018 at 9:07 am

Have so much fun today!! Happy early birthday, Miss K!!
    That Inspired Chick

• Reply Kasey September 13, 2018 at 9:38 am

Not sure if you have seen this video but check it out: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EVLeRAzAl14

It’s a Red Sox fan who gives a little girl who is Yankee fan a foul ball that he caught, and then the little girl gives him a hug.

Love your Blog!!

• Reply Allena Gurley September 13, 2018 at 10:52 am

Is it just me or does Isaiah look a lot like Smith? I think it’s the nose?? (Not sure whose nose Smith/Isaiah has but it’s a cute nose, ha)

• Reply Bri September 13, 2018 at 10:52 am

Awe… happy birthday to Kensington!!! Enjoy your day with her. 🙂

• Reply Kelly Buffington September 13, 2018 at 11:18 am

Have the best time with your big girl! And both of these pics of Madeley made me laugh! The cutest little bedhead and how she has her hands around Britt’s neck in the last one. Britt looks like she’s not entirely sure about it;).

• Reply Angela Ellingson September 13, 2018 at 11:27 am

Aww! 10! Have a great day with your girl! Adorable pictures!

• Reply michelle September 14, 2018 at 12:06 am

Where do you get the outfits that Ashby and Madeley often wear with the ruffley pants?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama September 14, 2018 at 5:34 am

Matilda Jane Clothing (online)

• Reply kiki September 14, 2018 at 11:09 pm

All I want to know is how you had lipstick on after labor and a C-section??? that’s amazing!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama September 15, 2018 at 6:06 am

I’m sure my mom handed me some. Hahahaha!