Sausage Beer Cheese Dip {in the slow cooker}

Beer Cheese Dip

Me oh my oh!

Let me tell you about this night…

I made this Sausage Beer Cheese Dip in the slow cooker one Sunday afternoon for my family to enjoy with dinner.  Well, it started smelling so good, so my hubby and I sampled it and then he was like…we need to call friends over.  This is too good not to share!   So, we called the Slaughters and before we knew it, there were 12 of us crammed in the kitchen eating dinner together with this AMAZING Sausage Beer Cheese Dip!  It was such a fun night!!

You brown up your sausage, add it to the slow cooker along with a chopped onion, some cheese and a bottle of beer and wait.  Delicious things happen while you’re waiting 🙂 .  I served mine with big pretzels that you buy in the freezer section of the grocery store, but you could serve this with chips and call it a day.  This would make a yummy Oktoberfest dip!!

This recipe makes a ton!

Shopping List
1 pound of breakfast sausage, browned and crumbled
1 (16 oz) box of Velveeta cheese
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
1 onion, chopped
1 (12 oz) bottle of beer (I used a Boston Lager)
pretzels or chips to serve

Add the first five ingredients to your slow cooker.  Cover and cook on low about 3 hours.  When you’re ready to enjoy, remove lid, give it a good stir and enjoy.

Easy. As. That.

Happy Oktoberfest!

Sausage Beer Cheese Dip

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog September 21, 2018 at 4:35 am

Sounds like a unique dip indeed! I’ve never heard of a beer and cheese combo!

• Reply Sheaffer Sims September 21, 2018 at 5:32 am

Next time, call The Sims. 🙂 I’ll bring guac.

• Reply pt September 22, 2018 at 9:50 am

LOL!!!

• Reply Kimberly C September 21, 2018 at 6:50 am

Definitely adding this to my stack of recipes! Sounds delicious!

• Reply Bri September 21, 2018 at 8:04 am

Sounds amazing!!

• Reply Alissa Bayuk September 21, 2018 at 8:41 am

YUM! This sounds amazing! I’m making this this weekend! Thanks!

• Reply Sarah September 21, 2018 at 11:31 am

Can’t wait to try this one!

• Reply Karen September 22, 2018 at 8:41 am

Is the beer flavor mild? Thinking the kids will not like it if it is too strong. I make regular queso all the time but never added the beer and onion. Might be something different!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama September 23, 2018 at 5:23 am

My kids didn’t notice the “beer” flavoring. It was just a nice change up from regular queso!

• Reply Toni Keenan September 22, 2018 at 5:03 pm

I have it in the crockpot right now!! It smells AMAZING, can’t wait to dig in!! Thanks for sharing!! 😊

• Reply christy September 23, 2018 at 1:43 pm

i have it in the crockpot as we speak and I am DYING to know what it tastes like!! — did you stir throughout the three hours or leave it alone?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama September 24, 2018 at 5:28 am

I only stirred it at the end, but since it’s a dip (and not a slow cooking meat or something), I totally think you can stir it occasionally.

• Reply Heather September 24, 2018 at 9:14 am

Made this on Saturday to have while watching college football. Oh my! So good! It was a huge hit and my 16 year old requested it next time his buddies are hanging out.

• Reply Heather September 24, 2018 at 11:52 am

Oh my word!!!! I made this Saturday to watch football. Where has this been all my life??? It was so amazing!!! Thank you for this easy delicious recipe…there was none left!! I will be making it again tonight to watch more football. LOL

• Reply May September 25, 2018 at 6:00 am

This sounds delish! Do you think I could cook it on high for 1.5 hours instead of low for 3 hours? Thanks!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama September 25, 2018 at 6:02 am

Totally!

• Reply Paige Wright September 25, 2018 at 12:22 pm

I think I will use this for a shower I am hosting this weekend! Will I need to leave in the crockpot to serve or can I move to a dish without it getting filmy on top? Thanks!

• Reply Courtney September 26, 2018 at 1:28 pm

Looks delish! But, I don’t drink alcohol… what would you use substitute the beer with?

• Reply Kelli October 5, 2018 at 4:45 pm

This dip is so so good! I made it on the stovetop in a large non-stick skillet it’s been cooking (covered) on very low heat for about an hour. We’ve been taste-testing and my husband and kids love it! I’ll definitely make again for a crowd! Thanks!