Savory little bites with just a hint of sweetness. They’re perfect for breakfast or appetizers especially in Fall.
- 1 pound of breakfast sausage (I used Owen’s), uncooked
- 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1¼ cups Bisquick mix
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (use a really good one)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and then spray it with cooking spray (for easy clean up). Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of your ingredients with a hand mixer. Don’t over-beat, just lightly blend. Roll out the mixture into golf ball sized balls and place them on your prepared baking dish.
- Bake about 20 to 25 minutes or until browned.
- Remove and serve immediately or at room temperature.
I really try and always buy a great maple syrup because you really can taste the difference. These sausage balls freeze beautifully too. If I’m going to freeze them, I bake them first and then allow them to come to room temperature before storing them in a freezer bag. When I’m ready to enjoy one, I just pop it out and heat it in the microwave.