Friends, I would rather eat my Cheesy Mexican Cornbread than cake?
Is that weird?
Skip dessert and just give me another delicious piece!!
Since it’s officially chili season around here and we’re eating a lot of this…
…Crazy Good Chili, I thought we should have a yummy cornbread recipe to go along side it! This recipe takes a box of cornbread mix and just jazzes it up a bit. Tons of flavor, little work. The perfect accompaniment to your next heart supper! Enjoy! xoPrint
The perfect side to a hearty bowl of chili! Just take a box of cornbread mix, add tons of extras, pop it in the oven and enjoy!
- 1 (15 oz) box of cornbread mix
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chiles, do not drain
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used a sharp white cheddar)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- a handful of cilantro, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 (14 oz) can creamed corn
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease (I use Pam) an 8×8 baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together your dry cornbread mix, egg, milk, vegetable oil and sour cream. Next, stir in your green chiles, shredded cheddar, chili powder, cilantro, green onions and creamed corn. Do not over mix.
- Spoon this batter into your prepared baking dish and pop in the oven.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the center isn’t too wobbly. Remove from oven and allow to cool 5 minutes before slicing into squares and serving.
There is so much goodness in every piece, that you could almost have this as your entree!