Life lately.

It’s Halloween Eve Eve.

Yes, that’s a holiday.

I’ve declared it one.

Tonight, we’re going to eat dinner and carve our jack-o-lanterns.  I hope you have something spooky fun to do too!  Here’s a little look at life lately…

…we’re very much into painting these days!  From the minute my girls get home from school until the minute I make them clean it up (typically right before bed!), they’re painting something or using those glitter glue pens.  I have loads of new art around the house 😉 .

Smith had a choir concert last week, and this one was giving me the side eye 😉 .

I just love this girlie!  We were able to grab lunch together this week, and I soaked up every minute.  She is just so BIG now and our conversations more complex.  I’m hating the fact that she’s not a baby any more, but loving who she’s become.

On Friday, both of these girls had doctor appointments before 8:00 AM.  Whoa!  Bonus, it was POURING outside, so it made for a wet and wild start to our day!

Spending the morning at the doctor with these two 🙂 .  We were all smiles because it was my birthday!!

After we dropped K off at school, we headed to a birthday party for one of Madeley’s friends…

…it’s a shame that she and Britt had zero fun 😉 .

At this party, Sleeping Beauty showed up!  Madeley was super curious about this princess.  She even sang a song for them and read them a story!!

Mom, there’s a princess in here!!

We wrapped up my birthday with dinner on our square with Erika and her kids.  It was the perfect way to spend a birthday!

The next morning, Kensington came into my room ready to watch more Hallmark movies.  I just don’t know where she gets this enthusiasm from… 😉

I posted this on Insta Stories, but I loved hearing Smith and his sweeeeeeeeet violin teacher practicing Christmas music on Saturday morning.  I can’t wait for him to perform for us this holiday season!!

Our pumpkin patch day was rained out last week, so we made up for it at Trader Joe’s on Saturday 😉 .  They had cider samples and pumpkins…basically the same thing, right?!

On Saturday afternoon, we headed over to my parents’ house for my family party.  Madeley was super pumped about driving Isaiah around 😉 .

Ashby had no fun.

My bow heads with our bow queen!  That’s my sweet cousin Casey who owns One Stop Bow Shop!!  You should see all of her cute holiday bows!!!!!

My mama always sets a pretty table for a party 🙂 .

I loooooooove me some Samuel!!!!!

My mama made a delicious dinner (and dessert!) to celebrate me turning 38.  It was such a special night!!!

And then on Sunday night, we went to the annual Halloween party around the corner from our house.  The face painting was spot on!

We had the best time!

That’s a little look at life lately.  See you tomorrow!! xo

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog October 29, 2019 at 4:46 am

Halloween Eve Eve – I like the sound of it! Now if only it were a public holiday… haha! 🙂

• Reply Tess E. October 29, 2019 at 10:21 pm

Totally random but would you share where you got the kids’ trays from? I’ve noticed you use them for meals and crafts and they seem perfect for containing their food or little projects!

• Reply Narci October 29, 2019 at 4:52 am

What a great life lately, friend! I love all these sweet pics! Britt and Madeley looked darling in their vests! How cute!

• Reply Holley@BeeSimplyOrganized.com October 29, 2019 at 4:57 am

So much fun! And Happy Belated Birthday!! I’m so happy to see Madeley healthy and well!

• Reply Haley October 29, 2019 at 5:02 am

Where are the girls’ shoes from (the brown with cheetah and grey ones Ashby has on)? So cute!

• Reply Angela Ellingson October 29, 2019 at 5:07 am

So much fun! Your mama’s cooking has me feeling hungry! I love that your family celebrates everyone’s birthdays (and not just the kiddos) together. So very special.

• Reply Sheaffer Sims October 29, 2019 at 5:21 am

So fun! Was it your 30th birthday that I went to your mom’s house for dinner? Such a fun night!

• Reply Kelly Nagy October 29, 2019 at 5:24 am

These are some of my favorite posts! Could you please link your green sweater from your family party? Thank you!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama October 29, 2019 at 6:58 am

It’s that BP one I bought in September! It’s not online any more.

• Reply Lauren October 29, 2019 at 5:35 am

Can you give us an update on where you’re getting your girls’ clothes? I love Madeley’s outfit from the choir concert!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama October 29, 2019 at 6:58 am

Old Navy!! I feel like they do exceptionally well in the fall/winter!

• Reply Erika Slaughter October 29, 2019 at 6:18 am

We had FUN celebrating you on Friday! And their face paint is legit! So darn cute!

• Reply Mother of 3 October 29, 2019 at 6:18 am

So much fun in one post! Those face paintings are fantastic.

• Reply Michele October 29, 2019 at 6:56 am

I need that Hallmark movie watching blanket. 😁

• Reply Mary Elliott October 29, 2019 at 7:27 am

Happy belated birthday Shay! Looks like it was really special💕 It really is the best time of year for a birthday! (Mine is in a few days😉)

• Reply Treva Archer October 29, 2019 at 2:13 pm

Happy belated birthday Shay! Your family and friends really know how to make you feel loved!

Do you have a favorite Mexican restaurant? Our son lives in McKinney and has BIG birthday coming up. We are planning a visit and would like to take him to dinner. Mexican is his fave!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama October 29, 2019 at 2:22 pm

For a big birthday celebration, I would do Javiar’s in Dallas!

• Reply Treva Archer October 29, 2019 at 5:01 pm

Thank you for the recommendation!

• Reply Elspeth October 29, 2019 at 7:30 am

I love these posts, so nice to see what’s new and what’s going on. Happy halloween eve eve!!

• Reply Heather October 29, 2019 at 7:57 am

Where is the art tray from that Madeley is using in the first picture?? 🙂

• Reply Kelly Martin October 29, 2019 at 8:11 am

Could you please link your multi-colored sweater?

• Reply Melissa Boatman October 29, 2019 at 8:45 am

Happy Belated Birthday! Where is K’s shirt from? The Hallmark one? I found the blanket on Easy but can’t find the shirt 🙂 Thanks!!!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama October 29, 2019 at 10:01 am

It’s from last year, but i’m pretty certain I bought that off of Etsy!

• Reply Kim October 29, 2019 at 8:51 am

Just curious… what dessert did your Mom make for your birthday?:)

• Reply Mix and Match Mama October 29, 2019 at 10:01 am

A blackberry cobbler and a pumpkin cake! I had some of both, and they were delicious!!

• Reply Colleen T October 29, 2019 at 10:24 am

Do you have any watercolor books you recommend? My kids are all about art work and I am having the hardest time finding books for their watercolors. I’m not sure I can handle the glitter glue pens in my house yet, are they really washable? I have found Crayola paint to be the best, it always comes out. Would love any ideas.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama October 29, 2019 at 12:33 pm

They are washable! Ashby Shull has been covered in glitter glue for three weeks now, and it’s always washed right off of her skin, her clothes, the barstools and counter..

• Reply Susan Crivella October 29, 2019 at 11:57 am

My oldest daughter and I love love love Hallmark Christmas movies! My friend got me a corcsicle wine glass that says “Hallmark & Chill” for my birthday (which is the same day as yours one year earlier!)

• Reply Nicole DiDonato October 29, 2019 at 1:25 pm

I love that Smith plays the violin! I’m not sure if you’ve mentioned in a past post but how / when did his interest in it start?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama October 29, 2019 at 2:22 pm

I would say that he asked us if he could play for 6 to 12 months. We didn’t just allow it right away, but instead, made sure it was something he was serious about. He’s been playing now for 2.5 years 🙂 .

• Reply Nicole October 29, 2019 at 1:42 pm

What’s your favorite breakfast casserole to make when hosting? Thanks!! 😊

• Reply Amanda @ That Inspired Chick October 29, 2019 at 2:17 pm

Y’all have been nailing FALL! And looking super cute doing it!

• Reply Gina Andrea Reyes October 29, 2019 at 2:45 pm

Shay you have such great style! Do you mind sharing the style of your LV?
    Thank you!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama October 30, 2019 at 4:56 am

That one is actually my very first one, so it’s older and I don’t believe they carry it.

• Reply Amy Coose October 29, 2019 at 3:03 pm

Happy belated birthday, Shay! Which LV bag do you have?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama October 30, 2019 at 4:56 am

In the picture? That’s actually my very first one!! It’s older and they don’t make it any longer.

• Reply jennimc October 30, 2019 at 2:56 pm

Hi there! Just looking for some sizing info on that sweater from your birthday post (the multicolor turtleneck one). The website says it runs large and to order a size down. Did you find that to be true?
    Thanks for your help! 😉

• Reply Mix and Match Mama October 31, 2019 at 5:05 am

I ordered my TTS (xsmall) and it’s nice and cozy and big, but not too big for me.