I’ve been excited to share this one with you!!
I loved these sliders.
Like love, love, loved them!!
You know how much I love brisket…and cranberry…and little sandwiches baked in the oven. Clearly, this was an easy combo for me. My favorite part about this recipe was that the second time I made them, I cheated and just used leftovers of my Best Slow Cooker Brisket Recipe (with BBQ sauce added!) instead of making the brisket just for this one recipe. It was like a bonus two for one meal (I just used a bigger brisket to insure leftovers!). From the spicy mustard to the Gruyere cheese and the caramelized onions…um DELISH! You should all make these this holiday season!!Print
The perfect appetizers or fun supper during the holiday season! ‘Tis time for all the things cranberry!
- About a pound of cooked and shredded brisket (I used THIS RECIPE for my brisket)
- 1 onion, chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- salt and pepper
- 1 (14 oz) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- about 1½ cups of your favorite BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray’s)
- your favorite spicy mustard (or you can use Dijon if you don’t want spicy)
- about 2 cups Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 (12 count) King’s Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- a little butter to top each roll
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil (for easy clean up) and set aside.
- Take your cooked and shredded beef brisket and set it aside (this is perfect for leftovers!).
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, caramelize your onion in a big drizzle of EVOO. Once your onion is tender, add in a big pinch of both salt and pepper followed by your cranberry sauce and BBQ sauce. Stir the onions and cranberry sauce mixture together along with your shredded brisket and simmer just a minute.
- Now, it’s time to build your sliders. Take each roll, split it in half and add in a scoop of your brisket mixture followed by a bit of spicy mustard and some shredded cheese. Top your slider with the other half of your roll and place it on your prepared baking sheet. Repeat.
- Take a little butter and place on the tops of each roll then pop them all in the oven to bake up about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, serve and enjoy!
These are the perfect hearty appetizer or delicious dinner too!