Friends, I am so excited to share today’s recipe with you! In fact, the last time I was this excited was when I shared my Weeknight Wiener Schnitzel back in the fall. I always just get SO HAPPY to share easy and delicious meals that my family has been loving so that you can also make it for yours. In fact, we’ve loved this so much that not once but TWICE I made it over the holidays when we had guests at our table. The first time I made this Brisket Chili, I had leftover brisket from the night before and just chopped that up with some BBQ sauce before adding it in. We loved it so much that I wanted to make it again but didn’t want to go to the trouble of making a whole brisket first, so I asked the nice butcher at my store if he had any prepared brisket and he pointed me to this…
…hmmmm. I had never tried this before but it was right there by my store’s butcher counter, so I bought one package and added it to our chili that night and it was AMAZING! I just heated it up in the microwave per the package instructions and stirred it in. EASY. AS. THAT. Once I realized how easy that was (and DELICIOUS!), I started making it that way every time. So, whether you make it with this stuff, leftover brisket or you whip up an entire brisket just for this one recipe, make it 😉 .Print
Adding brisket to this recipe takes chili to a whole other level. It will be really hard for you to go back after tasting this!
- 1 pound of ground beef
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- salt and pepper
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 (15 oz) can Ranch Style beans do not drain
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes, do not drain
- 1 (14 oz) can cream corn, do not drain
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chiles
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard (you can use regular mustard, but I like the spicy)
- 1 (14 oz) package of precooked and shredded brisket (like Kingsford) or about 14 oz of shredded leftover brisket tossed in ½ cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- grated cheddar cheese to garnish (we used a mix of white cheddar)
- chopped green onions to garnish
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, brown up your ground beef in a drizzle of EVOO. Once browned and crumbly, stir in your salt and pepper along with your chopped onion. Let this simmer together about five minutes so your onion can get tender.
- Next, stir in your chili powder, beans, diced tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and spicy mustard. Stir all of this together before finally stirring in your shredded brisket. Allow this to simmer on the stove at least 10 minutes but up to an hour (I’ve done it both ways), stirring occasionally.
- When you’re ready to eat, ladle chili into bowls and garnish with cheddar cheese and chopped green onions.
We love to make brisket for dinner at our house! We often make this one HERE. You can make this brisket and use the leftovers for the chili or substitute with an already cooked brisket like the one I found at my store.