Mmmmm! My Creamy Salsa Chicken Enchiladas are totally easy enough for you to make on a weeknight! I promise you, they are 🙂 . A quick way to make them is to have your chicken already cooked and shredded. My favorite way is to use the slow cooker and let the chicken poach in water all day on low…or you can use your Instant Pot…or you can buy a rotisserie chicken and just use that. See? Easy!Print
These Creamy Salsa Chicken Enchiladas are delicious enough to serve to guests but easy enough to whip up on a weeknight for just your fam.
- 2 pounds of cooked and shredded chicken (I use the slow cooker for mine)
- salt and pepper
- 1½ cups sour cream
- 1½ cups of your favorite salsa (we used mild)
- 1 (10 oz) can of corn, drained (I love Trader Joe’s canned corn!)
- a handful of cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- about 8 green onions, chopped and divided
- 1 (10 oz) can enchilada sauce (we used mild)
- 10 flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease (I use Pam) a 9×12 baking dish. Set aside.
- In a big mixing bowl, add in your shredded chicken, a nice pinch of salt and pepper, your sour cream, salsa, corn, cilantro, chili powder, shredded cheddar, and green onions (reserving some for garnish). Take each tortilla and spread filling down the center. Wrap up and place seam side down in your prepared baking dish. When you’re done wrapping, pour your enchilada sauce down over the top of all the enchiladas.
- Pop this into your oven and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, garnish with a little of your remaining chopped green onion and serve.
Using already cooked and shredded chicken really speeds up this recipe!