Is there anything better than a one pot recipe? I think not! My Beefy Taco Soup goes from stove to table in minutes and bonus, it’s gluten-free! My favorite part about recipes like this one is not only how easy they are but how versatile you can get with all the toppings. I love candied jalapenos on mine, but my family likes everything from different cheeses to chopped green onion, red onion, a dash of salsa, sour cream, diced avocado…the possibilities are endless. Enjoy!Print
G-Free Beefy Taco Soup
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 to 6 1x
This one pot recipe goes from stove top to table in minutes! And bonus, it’s g-free!
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound of ground beef (or turkey!)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10 oz) can of corn, drained (I love Trader Joe’s canned corn the most!)
- 1 (14 oz) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 cup of your favorite salsa (we used mild)
- 2 cups beef stock
- shredded cheddar cheese to garnish
- chopped green onions to garnish
- a little bit more salsa to garnish
- crushed corn chips to garnish (we use the corn dippers from Trader Joe’s and you can also use Frito’s)
- Heat about drizzle of EVOO in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add in your ground beef and cook until browned and crumbly. Then, add in your chopped onion along with a nice pinch of both salt and pepper. Saute about 4 minutes or until the onion becomes tender.
- Next, stir in your corn, diced tomatoes, black beans, chili powder, salsa and stock. Bring everything up to a bubble and then reduce your heat and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with shredded cheddar, chopped green onions, salsa and/or crushed tortilla chips.
You can also make this in the slow cooker too as long as you brown your beef first before covering and cooking on low several hours.
Erika Slaughter says
This looks so good!
Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog says
Delicious recipe as always! Thanks for sharing! ❤️✨
Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog
I wanted to ask how you have been handling kensington going over to people houses now that she is gluten free. Do you tell the family in advance? Do you send her over with snacks? Do you just tell her not to eat anything while she is there? We are struggling with this as a newly gluten free family.
Mix and Match Mama says
Yes, yes and yes! She’s attended several birthday parties and church events where I’ve just packed her own food to bring along. Narci and Erika have both had her over and gone above and beyond to make their meal g-free and not contaminated. My parents have done an amazing job too! People have been really sensitive to her, and I always appreciate it!
that’s so sweet I’ve Tree Nut allergies my whole life and can remember my best friends moms always going above and beyond for me.
I made this for my husband the other day and he LOVED it! I’m making it again!
Mix and Match Mama says
Yay!!! I’m so happy to hear that!!