Is there anything better than a one pot recipe? I think not! My Beefy Taco Soup goes from stove to table in minutes and bonus, it’s gluten-free! My favorite part about recipes like this one is not only how easy they are but how versatile you can get with all the toppings. I love candied jalapenos on mine, but my family likes everything from different cheeses to chopped green onion, red onion, a dash of salsa, sour cream, diced avocado…the possibilities are endless. Enjoy!Print
This one pot recipe goes from stove top to table in minutes! And bonus, it’s g-free!
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound of ground beef (or turkey!)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10 oz) can of corn, drained (I love Trader Joe’s canned corn the most!)
- 1 (14 oz) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 cup of your favorite salsa (we used mild)
- 2 cups beef stock
- shredded cheddar cheese to garnish
- chopped green onions to garnish
- a little bit more salsa to garnish
- crushed corn chips to garnish (we use the corn dippers from Trader Joe’s and you can also use Frito’s)
- Heat about drizzle of EVOO in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add in your ground beef and cook until browned and crumbly. Then, add in your chopped onion along with a nice pinch of both salt and pepper. Saute about 4 minutes or until the onion becomes tender.
- Next, stir in your corn, diced tomatoes, black beans, chili powder, salsa and stock. Bring everything up to a bubble and then reduce your heat and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with shredded cheddar, chopped green onions, salsa and/or crushed tortilla chips.
You can also make this in the slow cooker too as long as you brown your beef first before covering and cooking on low several hours.