Awwwww! I don’t know about you, but I’m looking for quick, easy and delicious back to school recipes right now…especially for breakfast!!
I really try and get hot food into my kids before they head out for school each day. I’m not always successful, but if I have things in the freezer that can be easily microwaved, it makes a hot breakfast on a busy school morning super simple!
These little Sausage & Cheese Mini Muffins legit only have four ingredients and can be frozen and reheated on busy school mornings. Can’t beat that, right?! Bonus, we use Gluten-Free Bisquick at my house, so this is a great g-free recipe too!
These will be gone in a snap!! Happy back to school!Print
These four ingredient Sausage & Cheese Mini Muffins are the perfect breakfast bite on busy school mornings. Bonus, they freeze beautifully and can be reheated too!
- 1 pound of breakfast sausage, browned and crumbled
- 1 egg, lightly beatn
- 1½ cups Bisquick (we used g-free!)
- 1½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease one mini-muffin pan. Set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, add all four ingredients inside. Mix together until everything is combined.
- Take a spoon and scoop out enough of the mix (patting lightly with your fingers to make sure it’s not too crumbly) and begin filling your muffin tin. Repeat.
- Place your filled mini muffin tin in the oven and bake about 10 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool five minutes before popping out each muffin and either enjoying or cooling completely before freezing.
- If you’re freezing your mini muffins, then whenever you’re ready to enjoy, pop them out of the freezer and microwave about 30 seconds.
We use Bisquick’s gluten-free baking mix for our muffins!