In honor of my daughter’s 12th birthday today, I’m sharing our g-free verison of her very favorite recipe…PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS 🙂 .
Now, the original version only has 3 ingredients and is one my family made all the time…until she was diagnosed with Celiac disease. After that, we had to come up with this easy tweak that requires four ingredients but produces the same delicious results! Seriously, this isn’t even a recipe, it’s just the perfect idea to share with you on her birthday today. When I say we make these all the time, I mean it. She legit made a batch yesterday morning before school 🙂 .
Happy birthday, Kensington!! xoPrint
An easy tweak takes our original muffins and makes them gluten-free!
- 1 box of Gluten-Free Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin (I use Libby’s)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 12-count muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix with canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice and work it with a spoon. The batter will be pretty thick. Once the batter has been combined, stir in your chocolate chips.
- Fill your muffin liners 2/3 of the way full and bake about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan 5 minutes before removing.
After they cool, you can also pop them in the freezer inside a freezer bag and then just remove them on busy mornings. About 30 seconds in the microwave and breakfast is ready to go. One more little tip, substitute chocolate chips with either butterscotch or cinnamon for a whole new taste experience! As always, you do not have to use a gluten-free cake mix if your family isn’t on a g-free diet. Either way, these will be gone in a flash! They taste just like fall!