Good morning!! As you know, there’s really nothing I love more than a breakfast casserole. They’re easy, they’re hearty, they’re great for entertaining, they’re nice to deliver to neighbors and friends, you can make them in advance and they’re delicious!! Two of my most popular breakfast casserole recipes (and I have so many!!) are my Bacon Migas Breakfast Casserole and my Sausage Migas Breakfast Casserole. So, when I saw these at Trader Joe’s…
…I immediately thought I should make a “fall leaves” breakfast casserole for a chilly morning. Wouldn’t it be fun to have on Thanksgiving morning too? If you don’t have fall shaped chips, no worries, just sub with original corn tortilla chips instead. Happy fall, y’all!Print
Using cute fall leaves corn chips from Trader Joe’s takes this Migas Breakfast Casserole and gives it a “Thanksgiving” spin!
- 1 bag of corn tortilla chips (we used Fall Leaves from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 pound of breakfast sausage, browned and crumbled
- 8 eggs
- 2 (4 oz) cans of chopped green chiles (they’re really mild, not spicy)
- 1½ cups of milk
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- a pinch of both salt and pepper
- 2 cups of shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease (I use Pam) a 9×12 baking dish.
- Spread your chips down over the bottom of your baking dish. You don’t have to use all of them, just enough to cover the bottom. Next, sprinkle your browned and crumbly sausage down over the chips. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together your eggs, green chiles, milk, chili powder, salt, pepper and shredded cheese. Pour this egg mixture down over your chips and sausage.
- At this point, you can either cover and refrigerate your casserole until you’re ready to bake (even the next day!) or you can pop it in the oven and bake about 40 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned and the center is set.
- Allow your casserole to cool at least five minutes before slicing into squares and serving.
This is also an easy gluten-free recipe if you use g-free chips!