If you are looking for an easy weeknight supper with loads of flavor but not a lot of work, I have it here! When I think “fall”, I think sweet potatoes. I also used bell peppers, onions and a combo of sausage and ground beef…but really, you can use whatever you have on hand and/or love. Simple suppers like this make getting dinner on the table even on busy weeknights EASY!
This is such an easy recipe to get on the table even on busy weeknights. It’s basically a simple hash. Bonus, you can mix and match your ingredients to fit what you have on hand.
- 1 pound of bulk Italian sausage (we used sweet)
- 1 pound of ground beef (or you can use all sausage)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- salt and pepper
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes (we leave the skin on), diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, brown up your sausage and ground beef in a big drizzle of EVOO until browned and crumbly.
- Stir in a big pinch of both salt and pepper along with your chopped onion, sweet potatoes and bell peppers.
- Stir and sauté until your veggies get tender (about 10 minutes or so). Once they start to get nice and fork tender, stir in your garlic along with another pinch of salt and pepper. Let that sauté together about 3 minutes and you’re done!
- Serve and enjoy!
This really could be mixed and matched a million different ways depending on what veggies you love and/or have on hand!