During those warm summer months, is there anything easier or more delicious than grilled chicken?!
This recipe here is SO super simple!
Make the marinade in advance, make it a few minutes before you throw the chicken on the grill, either way, it’s delicious and easy. Add a baked potato and dinner is done!
From my grill to yours, happy eating! xxPrint
A super simple grilled chicken recipe everyone will love!
- As many chicken breasts as you want to grill (we typically use 8)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 can (I typically buy 12oz cans) of chipotles in adobo sauce, remove as many peppers as you like (we use three) and finely chop plus as much sauce as you want (we typically use about 2 tablespoons). More peppers and sauce, more spicy. If you want mild, use one chopped pepper and just a bit of sauce.
- Preheat your outdoor grill or indoor grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Take a large freezer-sized baggie and place your chicken breasts down inside. Next, depending on how many pieces of chicken you used, drizzle over some EVOO and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Next, add in your chopped chipotle peppers and sauce followed by a generous drizzle of honey. Zip up your baggie and toss move everything around inside the bag so that the chicken is evenly coated. Either immediately place on the grill or stick in the fridge until you’re ready.
- When it’s time to grill, remove your chicken and place it on the hot grill (discard the marinade after grilling). Grill each side about 4 minutes or until it’s cooked all the way through and the juices run clear.
- Remove from grill and serve with your favorite side.
This recipe doesn’t call for exact measurements as you can make this for one piece of chicken or a whole batch. The beauty of this marinade is that the sweet honey balances the spiciness of the chipotle peppers and sauce. Drizzle as much as needed for flavor.