I shared this recipe in Meal Planning Monday a few weeks ago and received so much feedback!
If you haven’t made my Spicy Chicken and Corn Tacos before, it’s time! Now listen, do not let the word “spicy” throw you. You get to control the heat in this meal, so if your family likes mild, you can totally keep it super mild.
This recipe is like a really delicious dip and a taco got married and had a baby. This is their baby. You want to make their baby 😉 .
I updated the recipe so that now, there is a printable version for you as well. I always serve this with crunchy taco shells, but of course, you could use a soft flour tortilla too. I’ve even had readers tell me that they’ve served it with Fritos Scoops like a dip instead. Anyway you do it, just do it! Please try it and let me know what you think!
Mmmmm! This recipe is part taco, part creamy dip. It’s a super unique twist on a classic the whole family will love!
- 1½ pounds of cooked and shredded chicken (click HERE to see my Perfect Chicken Method)
- the juice and zest of one lime
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 jalapeno (ribs and seeds removed for less heat), chopped
- 1 cup of your favorite Ranch dressing
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen corn (bring the corn to room temp if it’s frozen)
- 1 (10 oz) can of Rotel tomatoes, drained
- 1 red onion, chopped
- a handful of cilantro, chopped for garnish
- 8 crunchy taco shells, lightly toasted in the oven
- In a large mixing bowl, add in your cooked and shredded chicken (ours was hot right out of the slow cooker per my Perfect Chicken Method) with the zest and juice of one lime, chili powder, chopped jalapeno, Ranch dressing, corn, Rotel and onions. Toss all of this together.
- You could really stop right here and just eat it as a dip! Or you can fill your taco shells with this mixture and then garnish each taco with chopped cilantro and serve.
- That’s it! Enjoy!