You guys, today is Ashby’s 10th birthday!!!
In honor of our sweet girl, I’m sharing one of her favorite breakfast casserole recipes which is perfect timing since it involves blueberries which are extra delicious and in season right now.
Whether you make this one Saturday morning for brunch in June or save it for July 4th and give it a red, white and blueberry twist with a few chopped strawberries thrown in, you will love how simple (and tasty!) this recipe is for breakfast. Bonus, we use a gluten-free bread from Trader Joe’s to keep this g-free for our fam, but of course, a traditional Challah or Brioche works really well too.
From our family to yours, happy blueberry season! xxPrint
A simple and delicious breakfast recipe for your summer weekends.
- 1 loaf of Challah or Brioche, torn into pieces (we use a g-free)
- 2 cups of fresh blueberries
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- optional drizzle of milk and powdered sugar (equal parts)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray (I use Pam) a 9×12 baking dish. Spread your torn pieces of bread over the bottom of your baking dish. Sprinkle your blueberries over your bread. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together your eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla. Pour this mixture down over the baking dish.
- Pop your casserole in the oven (or the fridge up to 24 hours!) and bake about 35 minutes or until the edges are browned and the center is set.
- Remove from oven and either serve immediately or add a drizzle of glaze over the top (you whisk equal parts milk and powdered sugar to make a quick little glaze) before serving.
We use a gluten-free bread to keep this recipe g-free.