Lookin’ for an easy weeknight dinner?
Of course you are! Who isn’t?!
My Bacon & Tomato Pasta couldn’t be simpler and is oh so delish. My family loves this one!
My Bacon & Tomato Pasta couldn’t be simpler and is oh so delish. My family loves this one! Bonus, use g-free pasta, and it’s gluten-free too!
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 6 pieces of bacon
- 1 pound of pasta (we use g-free)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 (28 oz) can of San Marzano tomatoes (or any whole tomato)
- a handful of fresh basil, torn (reserve some)
- a cup of grated parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, crisp up your bacon in a nice big drizzle of EVOO.
- While your bacon is getting crispy, bring a large pot of water to a boil and drop your pasta. Cook to al dente (about 8 minutes or so).
- After your bacon is crispy, remove it to a paper towel and reserve. Add your chopped red onion to your bacon drippings and sauté. Once your onion gets tender, add in a big pinch of both salt and pepper and your garlic. Sauté a minute and then stir in your tomatoes. Using a wooden spoon, lightly press on your tomatoes as you stir them into your onion mixture so they break up. Lower the heat a bit and simmer about five minutes. Stir in most of your basil (reserving some for garnish).
- Add in your cooked pasta, reserved crispy bacon (crumble or chop it), Parmesan cheese and reserved basil. Toss everything together and serve.