Hi, my name is Shay, and my family loves it when I make stir fry recipes for dinner.
They love it so much that I’m always looking for new/easy/different/convenient ways to do it.
Today’s recipe is made pretty much with ingredients all from my local Trader Joe’s, BUT I have made it with ingredients from my “normal” grocery store too as they both have everything you need.
This one is super simple…you’re going to want to try it tonight!
Don’t forget, you can also catch my QUICK BEEF STIR FRY and TERIYAKI CHICKEN & SHRIMP STIR FRY recipes too!Print
Easy Chicken Stir Fry
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 to 6 1x
A really easy chicken stir fry recipe for those busy nights! Bonus, you can use as much or as little as you like here. My recipe serves six, but you can certainly cut it in half or double it too!
- about 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- a drizzle of sesame oil (a tablespoon or so)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- one bag of raw stir-fry veggies (both the grocery store and Trader Joe’s sell these bags in the produce department; we love the ones with carrots and broccoli…but use a variety)
- Soy Sauce (we use gluten-free)
- Frozen white rice
- Toasted sesame seeds (see below), optional
- Chopped peanuts to garnish, optional
- In a big skillet over medium-high heat, add your bite-sized pieces of chicken along with a drizzle of EVOO. Brown all sides of your chicken (it will only take about five minutes) and then add in a drizzle of sesame oil followed by your chopped red onion and a generous pinch of both salt and pepper.
- Give everything a big stir and then add in your mixed veggies along with a liberal drizzle of soy sauce. Keep stirring until the veggies are tender checking a bite here and there for more soy sauce.
- Once your veggies are tender and you have enough soy sauce to make it flavorful, lower the heat and heat up your frozen rice in the microwave.
- While the rice is getting warm, you can toast up a sprinkle of sesame seeds in a clean, dry skillet over medium heat. Don’t look away because it will only take about a minute for them to get toasty. Remove from heat.
- Add a generous portion of rice to each plate and top with your chicken and veggie mixture. Sprinkle over sesame seeds and some chopped peanuts to garnish.
Yum, stir fries are the best! Love how easy this looks!
Had all ingredients on hand (a few subs with broccoli and asparagus mixed in) and this was delicious! Super easy too!
Mix and Match Mama says
YAY!!!!! Thank you for letting me know, Sandi!