Need a super easy skillet supper for your dinner table tonight? Try my Tex-Mex Skillet! It’s basically a taco in a skillet 🙂 .
You can make this and serve it by itself, over flour tortillas, over rice (my personal favorite way) or even pasta.
It’s just easy, delicious and a family-favorite over here.
Dinner as family doesn’t need to be complicated! Enjoy, friends! xxPrint
A simple weeknight recipe the whole family will love. Whether you serve it over flour tortillas, over rice or even pasta, this will be a hit at your house!
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup of frozen corn (or a can of corn, drained)
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- shredded cheddar cheese, chopped cilantro, diced avocado to garnish (optional)
- ready to eat rice, pasta, flour tortillas (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown your ground beef in a drizzle of EVOO. Once it’s browned and crumbly, add in your chopped red onion and a liberal pinch of both salt and pepper.
- Next, stir in your chili powder, corn (you can add it frozen!), diced tomatoes, and tomato paste. Allow all of this to simmer together about 10 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally. Add in any toppings at the end (like chopped cilantro, cheese or even diced avocado)
- Remove from heat and enjoy over rice, pasta or on flour tortillas.