You guys, it’s time to fire up the grill, grab your frozen Argentinian Red Shrimp from Trader Joe’s (the best!) and make my Grilled Shrimp Po Boys for dinner!
I updated this recipe into a printable recipe card for you today in case you like to have your dinner recipes printed each night in the kitchen. My kids love a sandwich supper…and especially one that contains shrimp!
I hope your family loves this recipe too! xxPrint
A super easy (and delicious!) way to get dinner on the table. Fire up the grill and head out to the patio for a delicious weeknight supper.
- 2 pounds of cooked and deveined shrimp (I use one bag of the Red Argentinian Shrimp from Trader Joe’s)
- the zest and juice of two limes, plus I like an extra lime to squeeze on top at the end
- about a 1/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- about half a tablespoon of Old Bay Seasoning
- about 3 cups of shredded red cabbage
- about ¼ cup of Caesar salad dressing
- 1 red onion, chopped
- a handful of cilantro, chopped
- a handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 large rolls (we use gluten-free), split down the middle
- Guacamole for garnish
- First, I like to let my shrimp marinate about 20 minutes beforehand. To make your marinade, add all of these ingredients to a gallon-sized baggie and then refrigerate: shrimp, the zest and juice of your two limes, EVOO and Old Bay Seasoning. Seal up baggie and pop in the fridge to marinate.
- While the shrimp is hanging out in the fridge, toss your red cabbage and Caesar dressing together in a bowl. This makes a great base for the shrimp!
- After that, preheat your indoor grill pan or outdoor grill to medium-high. If your grates are too large for shrimp (they’ll fall through), then use a grilling basket. Spray your grate or your grilling basket quite liberally with cooking spray so the shrimp won’t stick.
- Add your shrimp to the grill and cook up just a few minutes on either side (I just toss mine around on the grill). It should only take 3 or 4 minutes.
- After your shrimp is grilled, it’s time to assemble! Take each roll and add in your Caesar cabbage followed by some chopped red onion, cilantro, cherry tomatoes and then your grilled shrimp. Garnish with some guacamole and a squeeze more of lime juice and you’re ready for dinner.
We use gluten-free rolls to keep this g-free friendly.