Happy Tuesday, friends!
I’m off to enjoy time on Nantucket with my sweet in-laws, but I wanted to leave you with a super simple “no bake” dessert recipe (updated with a printable recipe card!) that can easily be made g-free too!
It’s the middle of summer. Let’s keep the kitchen cool and “no bake” 🙂 .
No bake bars are perfect if you’re cooking with kiddos because they can do each and every step with you. Mix, pour, put in the fridge and then BAM! Your bars are done! These are so refreshing and each bite tastes a little bit like summer. Enjoy!
- 2 cups of crushed graham crackers (we use g-free)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (7 oz) container of marshmallow creme
- 1 cup of whipped topping (like Cool Whip)
- 3 tablespoons Key lime juice and zest (it took me 2 Key limes)
- Line a 9×9 baking dish with foil allowing for the foil to come out of the top about two inches (so that you can easily grab it when the bars are ready and pull the foil out of the dish). Lightly spray the foil with cooking spray and set aside.
- In your food processor, pulse 2 cups of your crushed graham crackers with your melted butter until combined. Press this mixture across the bottom of your pan to form a crust. Set aside.
- In your mixing bowl, beat with an electric mixer your cream cheese, powdered sugar and marshmallow creme until smooth.
- Next, stir in your whipped topping followed by your Key lime juice and zest.
- Pour this mixture down over your crust.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours (up to 24).
- When you’re ready to serve, remove the baking dish from the fridge and pull the bars out by grasping the foil overhang. Cut bars into squares and serve. Refrigerate when not enjoying.