Fifty Two Shades of Shay: My Favorite Beauty Products
The very first Shade of Shay I did almost two years ago was my favorite makeup products(because I really love beauty and makeup products!). Lately, there hasn’t been a day go by when someone hasn’t emailed me and asked me to refresh that post or do it again…so, for fun, I’m doing a post on a few of my favorite beauty products this week and then I’ll update my favorite makeup products after that. I still love all of my original picks but thanks to many of your suggestions over the last two years, I’ve added a few more to my list.
1. Dry Bar’s Triple Sec: So, last fall, I read in a magazine that Dry Bar made this incredible dry shampoo that doubles as a texturizer. When it was time for me to buy another bottle of dry shampoo, I stopped by my local Dry Bar and picked up a bottle (also available online here) and it is my favorite! Not only does it smell insanely good, but it doesn’t leave that nasty residue in my hair. I love, love, love this stuff!
2. OPI Polish: I am very partial to OPI and Essie polishes (I went on a Butter London kick for a while but I’m off them now…too pricey for too little results). My fingers and toes are always polished…my fingers are always something different but my toes are always, always, always OPI’s Mod About You. It’s the perfect pale pink that pops on your toes while looking clean and simple at the same time.
3. Rose Salve: I read about Rose Salve in a magazine (I learn such valuable things, right?!) years ago. I use this on my lips (many times throughout the day and especially before going to bed at night), I use this on my cuticles before painting my nails (and anytime they feel dry), I use it on my nose if it’s raw from blowing (thank you allergies)…I use it all the time. Love it :). You can find it anywhere (drug stores, Bath and Body Works, etc) but I typically throw one in my “cart” when I’m running low and need to order something else from Nordstrom.
4. Clarisonic: The Clarisonic will change your skin. Period. End of story. I love it. Everyone I know who has one loves it. It’s just perfection. I use mine every night before bed. I use the Clarisonic Mia.
5. Moroccanoil: Speaking of things that I love…Moroccanoil. I should be a spokesperson for this brand. I should be the face of this product My picture should be on the bottle…I love it that much. I have been using Moroccanoil for years (shampoo, conditioner, hairspray, curling mousse and oil) and it never lets me down. My hair is thick, very wavy and can be dry if I’m not taking care of it…and this stuff tames it. I add the oil to my hair every morning, after the gym and/or when I need to freshen it a bit. In this pic, I’m using the “light” bottle because they were sold out of the original when I went to buy some more and it works equally as well. I buy mine at a local salon but Amazon sells it too.
6. The Wet Brush: Next time you’re at Target, grab a Wet Brush. I have a regular sized one but the girls have a mini (pictured). This brush easily goes through wet and tangly hair without much effort. Kensington couldn’t live without it :).
7. Dr. Dennis Gross Glow Pads: If you’ve read my blog for any length of time, you know I love these Glow Pads for my face. I swipe one on about once a week for a nice little glowy tan. Since I try and avoid sun exposure (especially to my face!), these are a must for me. Seriously…you will swoon. Once box has 20 pads in it. I love these pads!
8. OPI Wipe-Out: I found these on Amazon. I was looking for a fingernail polish remover pad to take on trips because polish remover is the worst thing to pack (I feel like it always leaks!). One of these little pads can remove the polish from all 10 fingers (that includes my base and top coats). Easy peazy!
9. Crest White Strips: I have a love/hate relationship with White Strips. For a while, I switched to a gel that didn’t make my teeth quite as sensitive but the results just weren’t as good as White Strips. I’ve learned that if I use them every 3 days instead of every day, they make my teeth less sensitive. I drink too much coffee and tea not to use them…sigh. They work.
So, what are your must have products??? You guys share the best beauty secrets and products! Please share in the comments below! I love trying new things, so please give me some ideas and I’ll try.