And if you’re missing my summer pinning on Pinterest…here are some of my favorite boards…
Ahhhh…we’re getting close ladies! I only have 18 more lunches to make, 18 more “school appropriate” outfits to lay out, 18 more mornings of “wake up”, 18 more afternoons of carpool line, 18 more evenings of homework, 18 more school days until freedom.
I’m pretty sure that I’m not the only one excited about summer because recently, I have had more emails and comments on the pool bag post I did two years ago…you guys thinking about the pool too? On Thursday, Ashby and I ran to Target to get a lovely assortment of things: construction paper, a new pillow for Smith, toothpaste, milk and…stuff for my pool bag :). I thought I’d share my finds with you.
And disclaimer…I went through your comments on the perfect sunscreens for both my kiddos and myself and wrote down most of them (and there were A LOT!). I’m on my own personal mission to find my favorite using your suggestions, but that’s going to take a bit…we have to get out there in the pool and experiment, right? So, I’ll let you know when I find my faves.
1. Little bag: I always keep a little bag inside my swim bag for my personal items (keys, phone, lip balm and whatnot). Any bag will do but I love this Stella & Dot one because it’s clear, so I can see what I need right through it.
2. Kid Sunscreen: I bought two different versions of kid sunscreens off of your recommendations…I’ll let you know which one is my favorite after I try a few more.
3. Face Sunscreen: I really try not to wear makeup when we’re swimming…just lots of sunscreen (again, this is one of your recommendations). I love that it’s for sensitive skin…I don’t want my face breaking out!
4. Hair conditioner: I’ve given this tip many times before and it’s one of my very favorites! I always apply a big dollop of conditioner to my hair prior to swimming. About 4 years ago, I spent the entire summer trying to get the green out of my hair (insert sobbing here), so I became really proactive about protecting my hair after that. Any conditioner will do but I love the smell and the very affordable price of this one. I used to keep a full sized bottle in my bag but recently both Target and Ulta started selling mini versions. I put conditioner in Kensington’s hair too, and then we pull it up and go swimming. So far, I’ve gone the last 3 summers with not only no green but really soft hair too.
5. Antibacterial: For quick hand washing before we eat (I don’t know about you, but we’re constantly snacking poolside).
6: Kid Face Sunscreen: For my babies’ faces :).
7. Lip Balm: Baby Lips is my favorite for the pool! This stuff doesn’t melt in my bag when it’s out in the heat…I have unfortunately learned how important this fact is the hard way.
8. Adult Sunscreen: You guys recommended this and my first opinion is that it smells so good! Usually sunscreen smells like…sunscreen, but this stuff smells so good!
9: Swim Diapers: You’ve heard my embarrassing story…controlling pool accidents is a priority in my life :).
Okay! I’d love to know what essentials you keep in your swim bag!! Comment and share!
And just in case you missed my previous favorites…here you go…
Here’s hopin’ you’re only 18 days away from your freedom too.
Pssst: don’t forget, it’s Meal Planning Monday on the foodie blog today…
…yum-my! Click here to see my week in meals.